New prothane transmission mount too tall.

-

rednesss

Reaction score
So last night I tried to replace my transmission mount on my 68 Barracuda with a new prothane 4-1602 mount that I got from Jeg's. I removed the old mount, and noticed that the new mount was taller than the old one. I figured well maybe the old one is just sqooshed flatter. So I put the new one it and then the problems started. I couldn't get the cross member to bolt back in. In fact I jacked up the transmission until it was hitting the tunnel and there was no way that I was ever going to get it in. So I pulled it back out and put the old one back in. Anyone ever experience this?? Is there another shorter mount out there, is it just the Prothane mount that's too tall?? Any info is appreciated.

Can anyone measure the clearance between the bottom of the crossmember and the mounting pad on the bottom of the transmission???

I have a tape measure, what I don't have is a good transmission mount. I can measure my old one, but I don't know if that is correct or not. Hence my question. But thank you for your totally awesome helpful post.

I also bought one and thought it was to tall also. I was able to use it(67 barracuda 727 340) without any problems yet. I wonder about the affects on the pinion angle and if the b bodies mounts are taller'

-
Back