New Quick Fuel carb

-

dartman59

Reaction score
Hello all, just now getting around to installing my new Quick Fuel SS780 VS carb. Looking for a good fuel line kit. Pre-Magnum 360 small block, edelbrok performer intake, std mechanical fuel pump. Looking for fuel lines, filter, gauge. Should I go adjustable? I think ithe carb has inverted flares where the lines will connect to the carb bowls, but can I use AN fittings on this carb by removing the flares from the bowls and screwing in AN fittings?? Obviously, I'm new to these new-fangled gadgets. Thanks for any thoughts you have to share. Oh yes--what about from the fuel pump to the fuel line kit? I'd like to avoid a piece of rubber hose, but I'm not sure what my options are for hard lines in this location ...

I have a black diamond from QFT,on my 440, using a Summit adjustable feed line with gauge. I had to hand bend the hardline from the mechanical fuel pump to the carburetor. I used 3/8" and let me tell you I had to make a lot of bends in that short section to clear the alternator water pump and distributor. The fittings in the float bowls can be replaced with fittings going to AN. I personally don't mind the AN stuff but I like the old school look if you will. Just me.

If you have a stock style mechanical fuel pump, you will probably need to get an adapter for the pump outlet to convert it from 5/16 inverted flare to 6 AN; this one or similar http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-991946erl

To adapt the carb inlet to 6 AN you would need this one or similar http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-at991942erl/overview/ You can probably find other brands (like summit or jegs) that perform the same function.

I'm looking into some of this stuff, too, since I'm planning swapping carbs and rerouting my fuel lines a little, and it looks to me like much of the premade stuff assumes you have an aftermarket pump with the various inlet sizes.

I'm not sure if there is a way to convert an existing hardline to an AN fitting. I haven't tried to find fittings for that.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the Summit combo (adjustable lines + gauge + filter) for now, just to get me running. If I purchase a braided fuel line kit, with fittings to be added by me, can I attach the fittings without special tools??

-
Back