New rear leafs and Rims today.

-

mopar_1974

Reaction score
Hi yall. Changing out the rear slant six leafs for some new ones i got from espo.com today along with new shackles, bolts etc. bought some cragar s/s rims and radial t/a's for it too which will also go on while i'm down there. Never done a rear leaf swap before but it seems pretty straight forward. lets hope i can get it done by the end of the day. Wish Me Luck! -Eric

let's see some pics...and man i love taht avatar... ;-)

ok...change that.... parts scattered everywhere and broken bolts today.... new rear leafs and rims this weekend... haha-what a pain in the ***. its a good thing i bought new u bolts and other hardware. i ended up cutting a lot of it. i've got one side *almost* taken all apart

I changed them out before. I soaked everything thing down with wd-40 for a week before disassembly. I would pull in yard and grab the wd and soak it down and go in the house. It was a snap for everything to come loose. I was done with both sides, car down and rolling in about 2 hours or less. Not bragging just stateing that if anyone decides to do any leaf spring removal they might want to try the wd-40 trick.

Where did you get the springs from? I will be doing this later this summer. I have changed out the rear to a 8 3/4 so I already broke things and put new u-bolts on.
Jeff

I always cut old u bolts off, not worth the trouble. $15 or 2 hours trying to get 8 nuts off.

HemiPar said:
Where did you get the springs from? I will be doing this later this summer. I have changed out the rear to a 8 3/4 so I already broke things and put new u-bolts on.
Jeff

got them from espo.com. ill let you know how i like them when i drive it for a while.

mopar_1974 said:
got them from espo.com. ill let you know how i like them when i drive it for a while.

I bought mine from Espo's too. I got mine with the polygraphite bushings, new U bolts, and shackles. I agree with Flyboy: it's not worth the hassle for $15 on the U bolts....

The quality seems to be good. I got the heavy-duty springs and the car sits a *bit* too high in the rear. I might flip the front mounts and drop it an inch if it doesn't settle after I drive it a bit.

cuda1-vi.jpg

Look at how ugly it USED to be.....

BTW: About that avatar... WOW!

yeah, they do seem to be good quality. good customer service too, family owned i believe. I emailed her several times the day i ordered them and got quick responses. asked her if i could pay with paypal and she was fine with that too.

anyways, got one side on and took the pics of it to show the difference it made, quite an improvement i think

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

Mopar 1974, I'll race ya! I got my ss leafs yesterday. I am starting right now, hopefully will be done tonight.

ahh! ok, my passenger spring is out but i cant get one of the bolts out of the hangar so its soaking for a little bit. i got a little jump on ya but only have a few hand tools around to do it. i should be done tonight to though

My car has the 1/2" bolts in the front eye of the leaf. The new leafs have a 5/8"bolt hole. I live in Vancouver B.C., population around 2 million people. This place shuts down at 6:00. This is just like a small town, I doubt I will be able to get the proper bolt until Monday.

yeah, i actually started mine on wednesday with hopes of finishing it that night. that didnt work out so i had to wait until friday to finish the one side. I got the other side pulled and changed today. i love the difference it made

Its lunchtime, and I just got the bolts, back at it. Its now 3:30 and finished it.

-
Back