New restorer-wanabee!

-

Twistex

Reaction score
Hello all,

Finally got off my lazy butt and joined (been lurking for ages).

I'm a classic car fan in general, but I tend to prefer MOPARs above most all else. I'm full of info, but short on experience and am working to change that.

I fell in love with Dusters and Chargers as a kid, and last year I pulled a 74 Duster slant six from a field for 700$.

Probably paid too much, but one; here in Colorado, classics are a bit thin on the ground, it seems, and two.. I just had to have it. (I'm prety sure that's a common train of thought with the rest of you.)

Carpictures002-1.jpg

Anyways, I'm currently in the process of getting it street-legal (only have a wiper motor, wiper linkage, and new exhaust left before then) and finding some easy way to get a damn title for the thing.

Otherwise, I'm also working on a 1980 Firebird w/ a 400ci swap, and my Fiancee's 74 Nova. That is, when I'm not at work fixing computers and keyboards.

Glad to join, and I hope to get some more experience under my belt soon, so please forgive me if I'm a question fanatic!

Wasn't running or driving when I picked it up, it had been sitting in a field for a few years. About 9, I beleive.

Runs now. :)

Only other issues were the usual "kept in a salty place" issues. Rust in the rear quarters and rockers. Some patches/skins down the line and it should be good.

Welcome to FABO! I would say you did well buying that car. It looks very solid. Good luck with the build.

Welcome aboard. It looks like you did all right for the price you paid. You might want to put some effort into getting a title before you sink too much time and money in it though. :)

I've got the title pretty well figured out. Once I finish up the VIN check and get confirmation that it was never stolen, etc. then I've got it all squared. Shouldn't be an issue, as the title was simply lost by the previous owner, and he never bothered to get a new one.

-
Back