New ride I picked up to play with

-

hotrodhoodlum

X Nostalgia Drag Racer
Reaction score
I just picked up my new toy . 1962 Dodge Lancer .I love these off beat body styles this is my third one

This has to be the best one yet . Square Tube Chassis Car , Engine set back 18" inches , Dana with 456 , Coil over ladder bar Rear , Mustang II front
451 Stroker Roller Motor , 727 Manual with a brake , All Steel , All aluminum interior

Its on ly been a 1/8 mile car out of Tennessee. It will run on a very easy pass 7.02 7.04 1/8 mile consistently shifting at only 6,000 and a foot brake launch . there is probably still at least 2 to 3 tenths to gain with some tweaking .. should run 10.80s in the 1/4 with tweaking . :burnout:

I am putting her up on jack stands for the winter to do a full detail and chassis paint with body paint graphics and lettering and a complete tweak and torque on the whole car . I also need to do a painless wiring with **** pit controls and add new plexiglass on all side glass with some interior work to make her look pretty ....

Here are some pics of the New Yellow 62 with old pics of my Red 60 and 62 Valiant

I wanted to check out the drive train and valve train I just set the valve lash ..you may see a puff of smoke I am using bronze valve guides without seals (o-ring or umbrella) a lot of them seize up due to no lubrication ..

[ame="http://youtu.be/mxESJRWYQhI"]302 Found[/ame]

Attachments

• 400.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 716
  • 401.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 709
  • 365.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 712
  • 385.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 709
  • 3619736313568.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 738
  • full_DSC00288.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 694
  • 405.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 642
  • 404.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 676
  • 001.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 537
  • 002.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 575
Very cool! Blessings on your detail & paint jobs over the winter!

Glenn

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.
I like it , but I'm funny that way. LOL
Everybody and their Brother has a Mustang or Camaro , so anything that steps apart from the crowd is way cooler in my book.

I was just being a smart *** I love different body styles I love this style considering this is my third one not to many race cars at the track like this .

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.
I like it , but I'm funny that way. LOL
Everybody and their Brother has a Mustang or Camaro , so anything that steps apart from the crowd is way cooler in my book.

Ugly and fast, I love it!!! Very nice car, always liked those toads :glasses7:

Still have the Barracuda?

Very nice.

Its weird, i absolutely hate the dodge lancers in every way except when built as drag cars. For some reason those strange lines work for it then.

I wanted to check out the drive train and valve train I just set the valve lash ..you may see a puff of smoke I am using bronze valve guides without seals (o-ring or umbrella) a lot of them seize up due to no lubrication ..

[ame="http://youtu.be/mxESJRWYQhI"]302 Found[/ame]

302 Found
I'm with you on the no valve seals.I'd rather see a little smoke on start ups.less drag on the valves too.I learnt that from a pro stock engine builder.In VA.LEE edwards.....Artie

If you ever get an Itch for a nice Dart Race car I would trade ya...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dvxh9ScWo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Thanks but I think I am really tired of the sell trade thing I got my self a nice chassis drag car that not to many people have its a Mopar and its old, Like me LOL . I am going to lean to be content with what I have . I know its a sappy statement that The grass is not all ways greener on the other side but so true after this year of dealing I am exhausted . You have a nice Dart hold on to it

Thanks

If you ever get an Itch for a nice Dart Race car I would trade ya...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dvxh9ScWo&feature=youtu.be

Painted dash today and cleaned up interior I will make door pannels next not sure what I want to use maybe abs plastic have to see how heavy it is

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 477
  • 384.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 484
-
Back