new rifle

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Went to the West Plains gun show here in Missouri today. Picked me up ..errr... I mean picked up my wife a new rifle today. Its a Ruger Hawkeye in .257 Roberts, topped with a Redfield 2x7 scope. Cant wait to shoot it. I was looking for either a .257 Roberts or a .250 Savage in a bolt gun. I found its a hard caliber to find nowadays. Seems everyone went to the .25-06, but I prefer calibers that were popular back a number of years. LIke I own .41 Magnums also, just my way I guess. Anyone else have a .257 Roberts and have good things to say about them?

257 is a great round and a perfect choice for a child or woman. I dont have a 257 but I know several that do and every one loves them. I have 3 7x57's they are a favorite of mine and a great dear riffle. The 257 is a necked down 7x57 Mauser. Enjoy!

..my favorite piece is a custom small ring mauser,full manlicher french walnut stock,brno butter knife bolt etc...in 7 X 57.
.257 also in that family and a classic

Nice score. My nephew talked me out of my .257 Roberts. Went to a gun show today also, and picked up a Marlin X7 in 7mm-08.

My main deer/antelope rifle is an old Remington 722 in .257 Roberts with an equally old Weaver K4 scope. Perfect for whitetail, antelope, goat, sheep, or anything under 200 lbs. I've taken one elk with it, but that was before I got my 300 Win mag.

..my favorite piece is a custom small ring mauser,full manlicher french walnut stock,brno butter knife bolt etc...in 7 X 57.
.257 also in that family and a classic

I am with you all the way I don't have a manlicher stock but it is in my future plans. Doing a 6.5x55 on a Mexican action now.

-
Back