NEW Road House Movie.

-

Bodyperson

Pedal to the metal
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I laughed, I ... think Patrick Swazey rolled over in his grave. Its on Prime. If you watch it, hang on to the bitter end. Past the credits.

I don't think I will watch it. I like the original so much, that I don't want to even give the new one a try. Same way with The Magnificent Seven. The original was fantastic, and I have no intention of watching the new one that came out a few years ago.

I don't think I will watch it. I like the original so much, that I don't want to even give the new one a try. Same way with The Magnificent Seven. The original was fantastic, and I have no intention of watching the new one that came out a few years ago.
A lot of violence. A little more music. Pretty far fetched. I never let the "original" hold me back. There are some great remakes.

A lot of violence. A little more music. Pretty far fetched. I never let the "original" hold me back. There are some great remakes.
You are right. There have been some good/great remakes. What I meant was that when I REALLY like a movie to the point I consider it to be a classic, I just don't want to give the new one a try.

You are right. There have been some good/great remakes. What I meant was that when I REALLY like a movie to the point I consider it to be a classic, I just don't want to give the new one a try.
I don't really understand that. It's entertainment. Be it good or bad. It's not like it wiped out the original version that I've seen 5 times. I sure aint watching this one again. lol

It's hard for me to imagine the little punk *** boy that played Spider Man in a role like this.

Jake G is a pretty good actor. I may give it a watch. I agree Conor Mcgoof is a fuckin clown. I LOVED when Khabib absolutely destroyed him. Sent Dana White sulking/crying....another goof.

I don't think I will watch it.

01 AZ 3.png

I like the original so much.

01 face 4.gif

" I don't want to even give the new one a try."
01 do it.gif

Do it NOW.jpg

Jake G is a pretty good actor. I may give it a watch. I agree Conor Mcgoof is a fuckin clown. I LOVED when Khabib absolutely destroyed him. Sent Dana White sulking/crying....another goof.
I actually liked him in Spiderman. I thought he was just right for the sissy Peter Parker, but kinda transformed as Spiderman, just like Peter Parker. I give him kudos for that one.

Uhhhh...It wasn't Jake Gyllenhall in the Spiderman movies.

1711177488152.png

It was Tobey Maguire.

1711177597701.png

I'm not a fan of remakes myself, but I have seen a few that were very good in my opinion. Road House is probably NOT one of them & should have never been remade. What comes to mind, because it was just on last night, was the awesome remake of True Grit. Anything that the Cohen Brothers do is pretty damn good if you ask me.

I'm not a fan of remakes myself, but I have seen a few that were very good in my opinion. Road House is probably NOT one of them & should have never been remade. What comes to mind, because it was just on last night, was the awesome remake of True Grit. Anything that the Cohen Brothers do is pretty damn good if you ask me.
With the exception of the girl's part being way too strong in the "True Grit" remake, I liked it. I thought Jeff Bridges was great in that role.

Wife and I watched it last night. I managed to not fall asleep, but I was not thrilled with it, and McGregor was not impressive at all, I hope he doesn't try acting as a career.

Never seen the original, for two reasons, Peter griffin and Ron white

With the exception of the girl's part being way too strong in the "True Grit" remake, I liked it. I thought Jeff Bridges was great in that role.
I thought Hailee Steinfeld did a fantastic job with her character and wasn’t obnoxiously stilted in her lines the way the previous actress had been in the original. So as much as I like watching a good John Wayne movie I prefer this remake to the original. The only real complaint I have is with the plain and frumpy looking actress that played the grown up version of her at the end of the film. There’s no way that young girl would have grown up to look like that woman. That being said, thanks to this tread I’m starting the Road House remake now. I need to see what the fuss is about.

And I agree completely about Jeff Bridges. He was outstanding in the role.

I thought Hailee Steinfeld did a fantastic job with her character and wasn’t obnoxiously stilted in her lines the way the previous actress had been in the original. So as much as I like watching a good John Wayne movie I prefer this remake to the original. The only real complaint I have is with the plain and frumpy looking actress that played the grown up version of her at the end of the film. There’s no way that young girl would have grown up to look like that woman. That being said, thanks to this tread I’m starting the Road House remake now. I need to see what the fuss is about.

And I agree completely about Jeff Bridges. He was outstanding in the role.
I thought the same thing as you Tanker. I also saw what the woman that played the older Mattie Ross looked like in real life & she is very pleasing to the eyes.

They are doing a remake of Walker Texas Ranger, I think it's a waste of time. Walking Tall remake was a flop. There's nothing like the original.

-
Back