New roof

-

cktuck

Reaction score
Help,I need a roof for a 68 dart two door, what are the only years that can be used and when did the roof line change, Thanks:-k

The two door hardtop roofs were the same from '68 thru '76. The '67s should also be the same too.

Thanks H22A4,someone told me that the later year Darts had a different roof.

It seems that 67-69 should interchange with no problem. There was a body change in 1970. The roof looks the same and a vent window is still used. The last body change occurred in 1973 when the hardtop went to ventless door glass. The roof still looks the same otherwise. Even if the roof dimensions are the same the gaskets for ventless doors are going to be different from those with vents.
You may want to check with a glass replacement company. If the rear window will interchange, I'd be more comfortable saying that 67-72 roof panels will interchange.

THANKS 72 Demon, this roof is for a race car I guess it really should not matter, it's going to have Lexan windows anyway. I'll keep checking for a 67-69 roof.

I wouldn't think there is a single difference in the roofs from 67-76 with the exception of maybe small brackets for the different headliners (cardboard vs. cloth, or maybe the later roofs that had an option for a moonroof which might have had different bracing).
Were are you located? I have a 70 Dart Swinger shell I have thought about cutting up since I need a few pieces off of it. I'd consider it, but you'd have to pick up the roof in IL. Also, if you just needed the center skin, I have a 4 door that might do the trick without using the edges (this roof is completely different otherwise unless you have a post car).

Thanks gts340,I live in Maryland,to bad u are not closer.The roof is for a buddies 9sec. race car,he flipped it last year at the track and landed on the top,it's at the body shop now getting put back together. Thanks for the offer!

-
Back