New Scamp Owner

-

57dodged100

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello and thanks (already). :newb:

I have already gathered a lot of information using the search feature. This seems like a very knowledgeable and friendly group.

I recently picked up a '72 Scamp, /6, 36K original miles. A real nice cruiser. I wanted something I could drive without thinking too much about. My only other build was a '57 Dodge D100 truck, and although I love it, I pamper it too much and it doesn't get driven as much as it should (http://sites.google.com/site/steves57dodge/).

I have gone through the brakes, changed the soft brake lines, and done an oil change. I live in a rural area, so no city driving and will therefore leave the drum brakes for now. I plan on driving it once or twice a week to work and just enjoy the car. The only immediate changes I have planned are changing the front seat belts to the retractible type. Long term plans....who knows.

Looking forward to being a member,

Stephen :D

Here are a couple of photos of the new Scamp (if i can figure this picture loading thing out): :banghead:

IMG_4841.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

The slots were on the car when I bought it, but the 14x8 wheels in back were rubbing the fenders, so they had to come off.

I painted the "poverty rims" black and added the stainless nuts. I actually like the look and will keep it this way for now. I ordered a set of stainless trim rings from Ebay and will see how they look.

I may try to sell the mags, although they are in ROUGH shape (and all are different when you look at them close). I think I can get $20 a piece at the local scrap yard.

Welcome, glad to see someone got that Scamp. I seen it forsale and looks very nice.

-
Back