New scotch yoke engine looks pretty interesting

-

ACME SS

Reaction score
This design reminds me of an air compressor which is used on large substation circuit breakers to activate the re-close mechanism. The compressor had a patent of 1923 if my memory serves me. In the air compressor, a single solid piece of steel was machined into two pistons (one on each end) with the crankshaft passing through the mid-point acting as a crankshaft of sorts. I always thought there would be an engine application to the basic idea and this seems close to it.

This design reminds me of an air compressor which is used on large substation circuit breakers to activate the re-close mechanism. The compressor had a patent of 1923 if my memory serves me. In the air compressor, a single solid piece of steel was machined into two pistons (one on each end) with the crankshaft passing through the mid-point acting as a crankshaft of sorts. I always thought there would be an engine application to the basic idea and this seems close to it.

didnt watch it , sure looks like a hi wear rod set up to me , doubting it very seriously !

-
Back