-
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
This is a new set of SB hydraulic lifters that i bought for a customer that never dropped his car off. These were all bought from a local shop under the "sealed power" brand and was in 16 white boxes... they all differ slightly though. I asked the machine shop and they said that they are all the same but appear slightly different and will work fine. Asking $45 shipped on these. I would have no problem using them in a hi-po app but i guess i'll say they will be fine in a daily because they are not a matched set.

PIC_0311.jpg

PIC_0312.jpg

half of them have that extra ring cut into them, and it looks like some have different cup size where the push rod goes into? you sure they are all the same?

half of them have that extra ring cut into them, and it looks like some have different cup size where the push rod goes into? you sure they are all the same?
They were all in boxes from sealed power and they all had the same part number.

could half of them be for intake and the other half for exhaust? LOL!

The important thing is if all the cup sizes for the pushrods are the same. It looks like some of them just touch the clip and others run a little under it. Could this be vairition in the way the clip seats? -(It's an illusion and we don't like it...).

Then what is the purpose of the top groove that some of them have and others don't? If it is not necessary, they could have stopped machining it as a cost reduction (why machine it if you don't have to?). Physically the diameter and overall length look the same.

Don't they need to match the cam?

No, SB hydraulic lifters are SB hydraulic lifters. The important thing is the geometry. The size of the lifter. The diameter, overall length, plunger depth, and cup size must match the standard Chrysler Hydraulic Lifter for them to work.

The diameter is the most important dimension as it mush fit the lifter bore in the block. Too much clearance in the lifter bore (diameter of lifter) could cause lower oil pressure depending on how much excess clearance to the bore.

Next is the from the bottom of the lifter to the plunger height. This affects the length of the pushrod.

The "fatter" groove has the oil hole for the lifter that supplies oil to the inside of the lifter. The big question here is the top skinny groove at the top of 8 of the lifters. What is the purpose of that groove? If that groove is not necessary, then the whole set should be ok to use together. If that groove serves a special purpose or function, then the non grooved ones may not be ok to use.

what worries me is the cup sizes look different...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back