New sharktooth grills !

-
I have to agree with Adam on the cost we put into the cars.

If you have 1,2,3 or more THEY all are MONEY PITS and just keep sinking more into them.

Just like buying a dash harness for an A-Body $689.00 is it worth it no but I had to buy it.

And the funny part is I keep telling the wife car is finally done-HA HA HA.

Thanks,

In 1982 I was buying '70 Buick GS grilles as fast as I could afford to buy them because I knew they were going to be discontinued anytime and I was paying $200 for then. That was 25 years ago so the $750 seems fairly in line with how much everything else has gone up in price. When the Grand National came out in '84 it was $12,134.00 base price. Try to by one of the base model performance cars today anywhere near that, not gonna happen. It is about three times as much, about as much as the grille pricing has changed. Let's not even mention how much more fuel has gone up since then.

Chuck

I do understand that the cost for tooling is not cheap and has to be incorporated in the cost of the part being manufactured and I really do appreciate finally having some re-pop parts available for us A body guys, I find it undenniably a ripoff to sell anything at those prices.
Being a licenced tool maker by trade for more than 20years now, I'm very well aware of how much it would cost to manufacture the tooling for this or any other re-pop product available out there.
It does not by any means justify the cost, these people obviously know there is a market out there for this product (it will sell) it simply puts the average buyer market out of context and inadvertently brings up the prices of our shared love for these cars out of perspective, which many of us can't afford.

Which also does not justify some of the prices I've seen for OEM parts.

And I will without any hesitation what-so ever repeat " I am not in this hobby for the money/profit, I'm in it for the joy it brings me to help other people and cruise with my toy."

Well, I finally got a response to my email. I asked them if they would give a reduced price if a few of us got in on a purchase, this was what they said:

Hello, we are glad that you all heard about our grilles. The best we can do on the price is
discount to 700. plus 70. ship w/ins. included only in US. These grilles are done one at
a time and consume alot of time. They are already affordable. All you need to do is prep,
and paint! Visit our website @www.cudagrille.com Thanks and look forward to hearing
from you all!!

Sure it's not much less, but it is less regardless.

Am I seeing things in that last picture link, OR did they plastic weld the individual fins in place????

Anybody else see that? #-o

I got two of those in decent shape with my rolling chassis when i bought it and i had no idea they where so valuable. one is refinished and ones untouched and alittle rough. i cant believe the prices these grilles bring in. Maybe i shouldnt put that on a car i intend to race.

i would trade some interior peices for one of those grills but i love those grills but i woudent pay more than 200 for onw no matter how rare they are

The price of the re-popped sharks tooth grill will stay HIGH until people stop paying 1000. for them on e-bay! I have in in my 71 Duster and, well, i love it. I would love to get another for my 70, or even my 72 but......I'll put my grand into the motor or rear end!

-
Back