new ss/spring question

-

65 bearascuda

Reaction score
ok 65 cuda minitube,spring relocation,dana setting up for track! question is i have the front boxes (front sackles) tack welded in! now i know right side of the car will sit higher do to arch of right hand spring! now the car is striped at the moment but its like 4" difference which i understand is norm. But on the front boxes i drilled 3 holes to adjust ride height!could i move driver side down to help level or is that a no no? and before i weld boxes i noticed that my 26" slick is only 1 1/2" from front of wheel well,should i move it back(Ihave room in the rear)would be greatful for any info!

The SS springs do settle down, it took mine a month or so. I also adjusted the torsion bars and that helped. The front of the rear tire is closer than the rear, I wish I had moved mine back 1" inch but I have not had any rubbing with a 27" tire. Hope this helps.

They will settle down. I would leave them like they are. You can move the axle back if you want but moving it back will hurt tracktion buy putting more weight on the front end and giving you less rear weight. The best way to go is to cut and radius the front of the wheelwell for more clearance.

Pointless to adjust ride hight until the car is at track weight.

SS springs are designed to level under the torque the engine produces at launch. If its a serious track car and you want the most out of those springs, don't worry about it being a bit higher on the passenger side.

You may want to get your alignment done with the front lifted (jack the front up about 3" to 4" while on the alignment rack) and driver weight in the seat.

Your alignment may be out at rest but "In" under track conditions.

thanks for your help makes me feel better! thats why i didnt weld them in yet waitn for good advise! movn the boxes back til wheel is centered in wheel well its hard to do with just tape meas. alone! man it loks bad a$$ tho!

-
Back