New steering column conversion pieces. (auto to manual)

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here has the new steering column conversion pieces that Classic Industries and Tony's Mopar parts sells. Specifically the 68-69 pieces to convert from auto to manual column.

Yes, I know I can convert them myself, but decided to try buying them instead. The castings I got are awful. There is an overly big gap between the two pieces, The gap is not consistent at all, and the larger piece (rear) had a flat spot in the circumference. Some of the edges are really rough too. That part is fixable but I don't want to modify them and risk not being able to return them.

Has anyone else used these? How did your pieces look?

Thanks,

CE

Tony's Parts - Mopar Parts NOS and Used

Mopar Parts | MP14050 | 1968-69 Mopar A/B-Body Column Shifter Eliminator | Classic Industries

Well, I sent them back to Tony's and they are sending out replacement pieces. Hopefully I just got a bad set! We'll know in a few days.

that sucks.you must have had a bad set.i've bought a couple of sets with good results.what was wrong with them?

that sucks.you must have had a bad set.i've bought a couple of sets with good results.what was wrong with them?

from my original post: The castings I got are awful. There is an overly big gap between the two pieces, The gap is not consistent at all, and the larger piece (rear) had a flat spot in the circumference. Some of the edges are really rough too. That part is fixable but I don't want to modify them and risk not being able to return them.

ya,you shouldn't have to fix new parts.i'm thinking bad batch.let me know how the new ones look,kent

Received the replacement parts from Tony's today. They are very nice. I'll clean up some sharp edges, and they can go to the powder coater. I just got a defective set of castings the first time. And Tony said he'd never had a defective set after selling several hundred. But, all good now!

C

-
Back