New suspension is in...

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my car put back together today. What started as a "simple" battery kit and suspension/steering rebuild snowballed into a new heater core, evaporator delete, stereo install, backseat removal, partial dynomat upgrade, ceramic coating my headers and a new gauge setup.

Everything is done except for the wiring of the new gauges...Summit messed up and sent me a fuel level gauge instead of the temp gauge I ordered.

It's not aligned yet, that'll happen in the morning. But I eyeballed it quick and took it for a blast around the block to blow the dust off it...
:burnout:
WOW what a difference....I love the manual steering, and the .89 torsion bars make a world of difference. Relocating the battery and ditching the power steering junk of course made a huge difference also. I'm sure that doing any one of these things would have been noticable...but doing them all in one shot made for a DRASTIC improvement in handling.

..and I don't even have my sway bar installed. I'm waiting on that until I the suspension is aligned and settled in.

so it was a big difference huh? that is good! i forgot what type of shocks are you using on it? i am do to get mine out of the suspension shop on thursday. i did mine same as yours with kyb shocks all the way around. i even had the rear leafs rearched and new shackel bushings put in as well. i hope it makes a big difference for me as well. mine had gotten flat in the rear from sitting so long with blown airshocks :sad2: . all my seals were dryrotten and falling off in the front so i really needed to do it. don't think anyone had greased mine in 15 years or so by the looks of it. i upgraded the tierod ends with firmfeel's 11/16 hd tierods as well.

I also used the KYB shocks all around.

I did the rear suspension early last year. But I have little faith in re-arching, so I just bought new HD leaf springs and used Firm Feel poly rear eyelet bushings.

well i got mine back today. man what a difference! the ride is smooth and firm. i have to say though now that the front end is much firmer , the rear really shows how much a rear sway bar is needed. the front goes where i point it ,but the rear seems like it has about 500 lbs in the trunk! i will fix that though...

A few pics..... I still need to add the toggle switches to the dash...

7410472366.jpg
7410481716.jpg
7410485429.jpg
7410464253.jpg

Well crap.....

I didn't know my pics were gonna do THAT.......GRRRR...

-
Back