New Tach install

-

jfaabody

Reaction score
I am trying to install a new aftermarket tach and the directions show a 4 wire install. Red Power, Black GRound, White Lights, and then the green Wire to the coi negitive side. I tried this and got nothing when I started up the car. Is there antwhere else I should hook the wire to? I am using the Orange box Electronic Ignition.

I grounded it under the dash to bare metal. I'm not sure i think it is stock.

I hooked it up to the positive side of the coil and it worked fine. Whats up with that?

Try wiring it straight to your battery at first ,just to make sure it works. If it does then hard wire it inside.

I must have posted just as you were so I didn`t catch that last reply...You`ve got me on that? A wire crossed at the distributor? Coil marked wrong?

Are the primary wires on the coil reversed? The engine will run fine with it hooked up this way. It will just fire from the ground electrode of the spark plug to the center conductor instead of the correct way.

Even though your getting nothing at this point...ensure that the tech is at the right config IE 4/6 or 8 cylinder setting If your at the (-) side of coil and no go try it out ruff wiring on another vehicle.

sounds like you coil wires are backwards. dist lead to - side, from ballast resistor to + side.

-
Back