New to A bodies

-

TAQuickness

Reaction score
Hi y'all.

I'm flying to Las Vegas on the 26th, then driving another 100 miles to take delivery of a '65 Dart 2 door, rust free, straight body, 318 w/ AT. Perfect father/son project for his first ride - he's 6 now so we have plenty of time to work on it!

Welcome to FABO! You picked a great car to start with; then again I'm a little prejudiced!

Clean it ip and repaint in Semi Gloss black or paint in body color after pulling the engine.

Welcome!!

Oh, i have the same radiator in my 66 Valiant.

As far as the car having a 318, that's what the p/o of my car told me it had when I bought it....it turned out to be a 273. I'd be taking a looksee at the front driver's side of the block just below the head.

Welcome! Enjoy that time building it with your little guy. Good to see another youngster being introduced to American Muscle. (Doing the same thing with my 10 yo daughters...have noticed a lot of the neighorhood boys hanging around since we brought our Duster home last month. great.. ](*,))

Look forward to following your project here.

Pat

I'd be taking a looksee at the front driver's side of the block just below the head.

Will do.

Welcome! Enjoy that time building it with your little guy. Good to see another youngster being introduced to American Muscle. (Doing the same thing with my 10 yo daughters...have noticed a lot of the neighorhood boys hanging around since we brought our Duster home last month. great.. ](*,))

Look forward to following your project here.

Pat

That's really cool. I'm doing my best to teach my nieces, but they tend to get offended when I run the boys off!

Here's a few more shots...

I haven't had days go this slow since I was 5 on Christmas eve :blob:

Attachments

• front.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 109
  • rear.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 112
  • interior.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 121
  • side.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 110
Welcome have fun with your young gun I know I do with mine, he'll be seven tomorrow. They grow up fast!

I could use some advice. I'm looking at driving the Dart home 1400 miles. After I take delivery I'm planning to have the fluids flushed, new drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, and wheel bearings. For on the road spares, I'm bringing a spare belt, some JB Weld, coolant, water, oil, and fuel (I have no idea what kind of mileage a Dart gets).

What else?

Edit: Change of plans - now looking for a transport.

Welcome from San Antonio! I think that is cool, that your going to drive it back. If you come through SA and need anything give me a call. 210-889-7782 Danny

-
Back