new to boost game need direction

-

72duster72

Reaction score
i have a pro charger that i want to but on my 340 duster pretty stock motor. i have carb, brackets,meth injection etc my question is will the msd btm work as a ignition system to retard timing. the boost will be low 6-8 any suggestion are well come.

i have a pro charger that i want to but on my 340 duster pretty stock motor. i have carb, brackets,meth injection etc my question is will the msd btm work as a ignition system to retard timing. the boost will be low 6-8 any suggestion are well come.

Yep! It has to be piggybacked to a MSD6AL or better. Pay CLOSE attention to the wiring diagram. You will need to cut one of the wires under the little black plastic cap and the side of the MSD Box.

Ask me how I know!:banghead:

What Dizzy do you have? Are you going to lock out the advance inside the distributor or use mechanical advance. This will make it difficult to set accurate timing curves. I would start pulling timing at 1# then 2* per pound above that with a locked out advance of 36*-37*

stock electronic dist the one msd i was looking at MSD Ignition 6462 6-BTM Ignition Control. i did talk to super charger store as long i can control detonation my engine will hold up this a engine was not made for a s/c as in forged pistons, ring gap etc. this is stock motor just could not move s/c so i figured why not pep up my motor and at 6200elv. it would be nice

stock electronic dist the one msd i was looking at MSD Ignition 6462 6-BTM Ignition Control. i did talk to super charger store as long i can control detonation my engine will hold up this a engine was not made for a s/c as in forged pistons, ring gap etc. this is stock motor just could not move s/c so i figured why not pep up my motor and at 6200elv. it would be nice

I'll be picking up an 8762 version of the BTM and using it with my digital-6+ & Pro Billet dist. That along with methanol injection seems about the only way to go. Will be pulling the motor soon and changing my setup. By the way, I'm Procharged and in CO too! ;)

-
Back