New to darts, 1974 dart swinger

-

1969DartCustom

Reaction score
Hey guys, i ended up picking up a pretty solid 74 dart swinger with a slant 6.

The engine appears to be rebuilt , new rubber all around, and super clean interior.

The drawback is that it has front end damage and am looking for either a replacement fender or imaybe a front clip off an earlier style to concert it.

I am located in San Jose CA in case anyone is near me.

I look forward to working on it , still runs like a champs, i have included pictures hopefully the damage is repairable!

Possible v8 swap after the body is repaired.

welcome..... looks like a crunch. drives straight? look at the frame rail on that side to see if any buckling? at least you are in the land of good sheetmetal!!!!!!

Drives fairly straight, minimal pull to left just feels a lil squirrelly when going ove bumps and dips , only buckling i noticed was in the picture. it appears like the portion that holds the bumper/ bracket is the main thing that sheared off.

The damage is repairable, just search this site & some of these guys do amazing things!!

your car has a lot of life left --if you choose to repair,,

you stated you were going to swap the slant out--
How much can you do yourself?

your frame rail & inner fender are obvious-- 73-76 cars have these-- a few members sell very nice used parts

My suggestion is to search this site & see what other members have done-- then make a plan for you ride & start buying the parts .
Lawrence

any frame shops near ya. id have them check it out and if its good i'd replace the front end parts and put another clip on it. very nice car.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 70
-
Back