New to FABO.

-

Z_Parker

Reaction score
I'm John and I have just discovered FABO. I have a 1964 Dodge Dart SW that I am trying to get streetable. The guys I bought it from were building a drag car so I have several things to unmodify. Right now I'm working on converting it to power steering. Of course as all of you know finding parts and information isn't easy. I still have power brakes conversion, unpinioning the rear end, putting the torsion bars back to stock, and a dozen other things to do. It has a newer 360 and an A904 trans built for racing or so I was told. I think their plan was to drop a 408 crate motor in it.

Last edited:
I'm John and I have just discovered FABO. I have a 1964 Dodge Dart SW that I am trying to get streetable. The guys I bought it from were building a drag car so I have several things to unmodify. Right now I'm working on converting it to power steering. Of course as all of you know finding parts and information isn't easy. I still have power brakes conversion, unpinioning the rear end, putting the torsion bars back to stock, and a dozen other things to do.
I have been doing something similar with my 75 Dart Sport. Previous owner decided to gut everything out and make a race car. PITA trying to get it back to a street car/daily clunker.

Hi John, welcome to FABO. Station wagons are always a big hit, best of luck on your build.

Welcome !!! Some years ago, I was around Loveland here and there off and on. Many years ago, I lived in Wellington!

I have been doing something similar with my 75 Dart Sport. Previous owner decided to gut everything out and make a race car. PITA trying to get it back to a street car/daily clunker.
The guys I bought it from didn't believe in bolts if a welder was available!

Welcome aboard!

Once you get a feel for the place and figure out some of what you're needing, you could start a wanted ad. Lots of folks with parts stashes in here.

Good luck on getting it back on the street.

It runs and (sort of) drives now. The manual steering box has seen better days (or as I usually say - "Aye Cap'n - 6 degrees left rudder") hence the conversion to power steering. I have been advised to reinforce the steering box mounting on the K member since I gather power steering can twist it up.

IMG_0962.jpeg

It runs and (sort of) drives now. The manual steering box has seen better days (or as I usually say - "Aye Cap'n - 6 degrees left rudder") hence the conversion to power steering. I have been advised to reinforce the steering box mounting on the K member since I gather power steering can twist it up.
Question, i am in the process of switching from ps to manual on my dart, what have you heard about reinforcing the mounting box? one of my bolt holes has a crack in it. Let me know thanks.

Firm Feel has a lower sector bearing kit that can relieve the pressure on the steering box mount - seems to have worked on my Dart

no this is a bearing and bracket that bolts to the K-member and holds the BOTTOM of the steering sector shaft below the pitman arm. The flex comes because the whole steering linkage pushes back and forth on the end of the steering shaft and it is like having a load on a lever. If you go to Firm Feel's web site there is a copy of an article from Mopar Action where they install one of these and explain it all.

DSC02873.JPG

DSC02958.JPG

DSC03116.JPG

-
Back