New to forum have a question.

-

newmopar

Reaction score
It has been many years since i owned a muscle car and am in the process of looking for one. Mopar only. I have a friend who has a 72 duster for sale. Body is clean, he just had it painted but the guy that did the paint didnt do the jams or under the deck lid or hood, but is the same color as what was already there. The prep work sucks, needs some minor wet sanding of the clear. The car was from what i was told an original 6 banger, now has 360 in it. the interior is not to bad some cracks on the dash seat or in really good shape. the car runs really strong. He is asking 9500 for the car and just wondering if this is to hi or about right.Thanks in advance for your reply's.

Welcome to the site. Good to have you here.

Got any pic's of it?

Sounds a little high to me too.

At 9500 that's some "friend". From how you described the car, at best it's worth about half that, IMO. Look around, take your time and find a Mopar you REALLY like & don't have to ask yourself if 9500 is too much--if you have to ask, it probably is...........

Here are some pics

IMG00021-20091127-1243.jpg

07132022.jpg

IMG00022-20091127-1244.jpg

What they all said .In this economy there's a lot of cars coming on the market .For a little more than what your friends asking you can find a pretty nice car. Good luck in your search and welcome to FABO ! :cheers:

Good looking car though !

Ok the pics change things a bit... Not as over priced as I suggested in my first post (going by the pic). Looks like a nice car but I would have to see it in person.

So how much rust is under that quickie paint job. I bet it isn't "none".

A 72 slant 6 Duster isn't worth much, even if it has a "360" in it. Are you sure it's a 360? Any receipts with the engine?

Suspension? Brakes? Transmission?

Sounds like a $3000 car, $5000 at best. For $9500 it would need to be near perfect.

The car is actually pretty nice not a concourse winner but nice driver. has disc breaks up front, 8 3/4 rear end. no bondo that i could find, 727, his family has multiple mopars from a 69 383 road runner all original that his dad bought back in 69 and still has today to his brothers challenger to his other 70 pro street duster. i guess im just struggling with the fact at how much these cars sell for now. Back when i was a kid in the early mid 80's there weren't this much money.

to get 10K it would have to be complete, and clean.

no wipers? is the heater missing too?

I'd say 5K would be a real generous offer.

to get 10K it would have to be complete, and clean.

no wipers? is the heater missing too?

I'd say 5K would be a real generous offer.

You drive a hard bargain mr!

lol.

Youd have to see it in person i rekon....
An it goes well etc...
TO hard to judge by just a picture...
But it does look better than i 1st thought.

I agree with the consensus here. Keep looking! It is a buyers market for sure.
WELCOME!

I guess the big equalizer question here is did you SEE the car before the bodywork and paint was done? If so, then you should have a good idea of the bodywork that was required to get it to this point.

-
Back