New to Group from VA

-

Cartboy67

Reaction score
I've been pulling info from the site for quite a while now, just joined today. Have a 73 Dart with the 225/6. Body is fair, quite a bit of bondo and leaks from most items that hold fluid. Just put new rear leaf springs, sits a little higher than I wanted but drives better already, new bushing kit ordered and on its way. Have done the wiper pivot shaft gasket replacement, have the new windshield gasket, not installed yet. I changed the speedo cable and speedo with a 120, it had a 100 in it it was whacked out. The replacement was toast, still looking for a replacement for that as well. Have to repair or replace the front floor pans and will see what else I find that I want to swap out. I have been able to find tons of great info here already, figured it may be time to start asking questions.

welcome from triangle, va . dont worry about the springs cause they will settle down in a couple months. mine were high like air shocks then they settled down and look good.

I did a spring change on a 72 Camaro quite a few years back, it raised it a bit but not too much, just a slight incline from level. I was thinking they would settle some, if not, I will shorten the position on the stock rear hanger by an inch or so.

The crash got my pics that were posted, here are a few if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• dart3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 73
  • dart2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 73
  • dart.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 79
Appreciate the comments. I know there are many cars on this site that are way better than mine but I hope to get mine in some sort of reliable shape. I got this car for my youngest son, he and his older brother are with me during the summer and live with their mom in CA. I made a drug deal with my wife to get the car, she was in agreement with me getting it for him if I sold my Mercedes. We had five cars in a 3 car driveway. I put the Mercedes up for sale around 7 AM on a Saturday morning and thought I had the price high enough where it would not sell right away, an hour later a lady called and bought it, just my luck. So now the Dart is my daily driver while I work the bugs out of it and get it ready to turn over to my son, he will be 16 soon and is crazy about the car. Tons of great info here and I learn something beneficial most every day.

-
Back