New to Mopar here..

-
Has your son expressed any interest in how special the car is? I'd wait even longer that when he gets out of college. I'm in process of building a '69 Dart and my son told me he wanted to help because he wants the car someday. But everytime I mention working on the car he has something else to do - and he's 26!

Well my son is just shy of 6 months old. He likes anything that moves..

Does the car have the fender tag still ? Check under the front seats for the broadcast sheet.

Fender tag is gone. You can tell the car was repaired from an accident. I will take a picture of the VIN on the car. I will also check the trunk as well.

Welcome! Despite the fihsy buisness, thats a great looking fish you have. Its very complete. The Broadcast sheet will look something like this: Look for one in the springs of the rear seat back & also the bottom, behind the front bucket seat backs, behind the glove box liner, & under the center console. Mine was in the springs of the rear seat back. You can see the springs rubbed it over the years.
broadcastsheet002.jpg

Hopefully it is still in the car. If it is there I will find it.

Welcome! Despite the fihsy buisness, thats a great looking fish you have. Its very complete. The Broadcast sheet will look something like this: Look for one in the springs of the rear seat back & also the bottom, behind the front bucket seat backs, behind the glove box liner, & under the center console. Mine was in the springs of the rear seat back. You can see the springs rubbed it over the years.
broadcastsheet002.jpg

I went thru all the seats and the glove box could not find the broadcast sheet. I forgot to bring my camera to take the picture of the VIN location.

If you are sitting in the car and you open the driver door and look through the crack the VIN is right there. Not on the door, but on the car itself.

I went thru all the seats and the glove box could not find the broadcast sheet. I forgot to bring my camera to take the picture of the VIN location.

If you are sitting in the car and you open the driver door and look through the crack the VIN is right there. Not on the door, but on the car itself.

Your right. I kept thinking last night that the vin is on the body not the door when I was reading the above posts.

Mine is anyway LOL!

Great looking Barracuda.

My -67 Formula S 383 got torque boxes in front of the rear leaf springs.
Wich I belieave only BB cars and converts had.
But then again, they could`ve been welded in also.
Would it be possible to identify the K-member to see if it got the BB K-member.

Don`t know about in the US but here in Sweden, at the time of the late
80:ies, no one would put down the effort to convert a -67 Barracuda to a -68 in that extension to replace everything that identifys a -68.

:thumbrig:very nice Barracuda you have vince.
Welcome and keep looking you will find a # some where.
68 barracuda's are great mopars. :cheers:

My guess would be that the door with the vin, and probably a number of other parts, came from a donor car and some how (inentionally or not) when it was done the title work messed up. I had a friend that had a similar problem with a pickup he restored with the help of a parts car. Really nice car though. Good luck with the build!!!

At this point I am going to restore the car. Going with a new style K member and 3 link for the rear. Thinking about upgrading the interior with all new gauges. My buddy is going to hunt for a wrecked SRT8 for me and we plan to do a transplant. I think that would be a cool first car for my son.

If it was a real 1967 car, wouldn't it have the Certicard, or at least the holder, or the rivets where the holder was, on the drivers side inner fender in the engine compartment? Just trying to help...
alan627b

At this point I am going to restore the car. Going with a new style K member and 3 link for the rear. Thinking about upgrading the interior with all new gauges. My buddy is going to hunt for a wrecked SRT8 for me and we plan to do a transplant. I think that would be a cool first car for my son.

Dang!

What did you do win the lottery? Or plant a couple of money trees in your backyard? LOL

-
Back