New to mopars

-

Diestate

Reaction score
Just got my first Mopar A few days ago. A 68 Barracuda shell. Hopefully can learn about it.

Welcome aboard from WBGV

Pictures.. we do well with pictures. Doesn't matter what stage of the process it's in. :thumbsup:

PXL_20240302_221029297.jpg

PXL_20240302_221450386.jpg

Just got my first Mopar A few days ago. A 68 Barracuda shell. Hopefully can learn about it.
While I’m learning to build the 360 magnum for my truck I’ve been looking for a project car. What made you go with the Shell?

While I’m learning to build the 360 magnum for my truck I’ve been looking for a project car. What made you go with the Shell?
Was dropped in my lap from a friend of a friend for a ridiculously low price that was too hard to pass up. Surface rust only with zero rust through anywhere. Came with most of parts....only body piece that might need to be replaced is a driver fender. Seller said it was a fastback but found out it's actually a notchback.

I don't know much about other brands of cars but with many Mopars, you'll have parts on them that are ONE YEAR ONLY and it sucks.
Engines, transmissions, axles, brakes and suspension cross over many years but stuff like body panels, emblems, sometimes interior pieces can be hard to find if they are missing.
For example, a fender for a Dart.....Each one of the following is unique to the year.
1970-71
1973-75
The only thing I found different on the 76 fender was the antenna hole and shape of the fender around it. I don't know about other year Darts.
I realize you don't own a Dart, that was just an example.

MAKE FRIENDS with other Mopar guys. This will help you "network" to find parts and other good deals that you will need. Body and paint is always an issue that we classic car owners are asking about.

Welcome from another Texas, there are a few FABO members up in the DFW area. Look into the Mopar Mini Nationals that will be around somewhere around September of this year.

Welcome. Your project looks like fun. I hope you got alot of parts with that the fun is sorting things out figuring out what you have ...and what you need. :thumbsup:

If Mr G’s is still open up there in Dallas you can get a lot of interior hardware kits from him. He also will redo your dash to better than new condition. His interior screw kit is great it comes with a a chart and numbering for all the screw placements

Welcome from another Texas, there are a few FABO members up in the DFW area. Look into the Mopar Mini Nationals that will be around somewhere around September of this year.
Yeah, my neighbor is on this forum somewhere and recommended I join you guys.

-
Back