New to restores and here with a '70 dart custom

-

Arethius

Reaction score
Hey yall,

Had a chance to poke around the forums for a couple days after being referred to here from Reddit. Definitely tons of great advice and knowledge and I'm sure I'll be able to soak up a lot of that.

I'm not completely new to wrenches but it's been a been long time and it was just exhaust work and tire changes that I've done. Never anything with timing, wiring, cosmetic, etc.

I inherited my cousin's 70 Dart Custom with a slant 6. Mind you, he had lots of fun keeping it running on a shoe string budget so some of the things weren't rebuilt to a high standard or just taken out completely. Part of the agreement of me taking it was that I would restore it. Not exactly difficult but some things I just have no idea of how they work.

Anyways, here's some pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0771.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 104
Welcome, Nice inheritance... Anything Detroit/pre - smog,is golden valuable these days. The site has a lot to offer, the longstanding member base, is basically Mopar adoptions family.

Keen! Gotta love a '70 Dart Custom 4-door (that's the kind of car that brought me home from the hospital as a newborn). As quickly as you can, get the three books described in this thread. Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

-
Back