New to the forum

-

Mike the pol

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm Mike from Northern California. Thanks for having me. I've had a few mopars over the years but in my 20's I lost my 68 Barracuda for making silly choices. I loved that car. Had tons of fun with it. I'm 50 now and didn't think I'd ever find another one I could afford. A few weeks back a buddy of mine that has a tow service (and has no issue crushing cars) sent me a picture of one he was towing. Short story long, she's safe and part of the family now. A good friend of mine belongs to the E body forum and says he has got great help and made a few friends as well. Said I should do myself a favor and join this forum so here I am. Thanks again,
Mike.

Resized_20230528_102358(2).jpg

Resized_20230825_152934.jpg

Resized_20230825_152914.jpg

20231231_112639.jpg

20231231_145842.jpg

Looks like you are rescuing the poor thing. Good job. Take and post more pictures during disassembly. I was stationed in Sacramento for 5 years while I was in the Air force. We liked that area. You will be able to get any answer you could ever imagine answered here. Tell us a bit more about the car and your plans.
WELCOME

Thanks for saving it from the crusher! Looks like it's pretty solid. That's going to give you lots of great times!!

Welcome to FABO!

Thanks harrisonm, I hope I can remember to take photos as I'm going, I always tell myself I will. Right now I'm thinking about pretty well stock. Due to sitting under the redwoods on the Mendocino coast since 1974, the floors are pretty well gone. But all in all it's not horrible. Currently it has a 225 slant 6 with a 3 speed column shift. My buddy has a solid 318 that he just wants gone so that will get swapped. Other than that, I think I'm gonna get a whole lots of opportunities to succeed trying my hand at metal work.

Well your E body certainly gave you some solid advice! This forum is an absolute wealth of info. There is just absolutely nothing you are going to run into or be perplexed by that has not been solved by one of these guys. Ask anything of this bunch and you will get some great ideas and solutions, it will save you hours of toil and sweat not to mention cash.
nice fish!

Well your E body certainly gave you some solid advice! This forum is an absolute wealth of info. There is just absolutely nothing you are going to run into or be perplexed by that has not been solved by one of these guys. Ask anything of this bunch and you will get some great ideas and solutions, it will save you hours of toil and sweat not to mention cash.
nice fish!
Thanks Sublime one! This is gonna be a challenge for sure but well worth it.

Wow, great find. I think it found just the right home. Welcome back to the wonderful land of A body Mopars, and welcome to the best site on the net to show her off! Glad to have you among us, Mike!

-
Back