new to the forums, but always in love with my A-body

-

happster

Reaction score
my '72 pymouth scamp is my pride and joy. her name is Janis, and she truly means the world to me. she was the first car i ever was able to drive, and i hope that my high school sweetheart stays in my family forever. she's all original 53K mile car, with only a few exceptions- in my young stupidity of my freshman year, i thought it wise to try to hot rod her, so i tried putting on 360 "J" heads. i've decided the stockers are to be rebuilt and put back on, as there was nothing wrong with them in the first place, just need a little tightening up. the vinyl had started to decay, so i had a guy in San Antonio redo the top after i had the rust removed and the whole top section prepped. he did an amazing job! the seats are original, so i had them wrapped in protective clear plastic. custom fitted, gives that classic "grandma drives it to church" look. enough explaining, let me show you my pride and joy!

n1190160004_30017741_4799.jpg

pardon the ridiculous haircut- what can i say? i'm in college!
n687455289_1271894_8673.jpg

sorry for the long introduction. i'm very happy to be on this forum so i can learn as much as possible about Janis, and treat her the way she deserves to be treated.:love7:

happster, I am thinking that you and Janis should get a room. ;-) Welcome to FABO! It looks like you are on the Left Coast. Where are you located?

i still need to fill out all my info, but actually these pictures were taken in kansas! i go to McPherson College of McPherson, Kansas, majoring in Automotive Restoration Technology. However, outside of the school year i'm going to be living in Washington State, moving up from Texas.

That's a great lookin' car...........Whatever you do from this point will just be gravy!

.........Just do us all a favor and keep the car out of that Washington State snow! 8)

Welcome to the forums. That's a very nice looking Scamp, and it sounds like you're taking very good care of her. I imagine Kevin (Evilscamp) will be recruiting you to the Secret Scamp Society before you know it. :)

there aren't too many of us around, well at least i haven't seen too many. the sss sounds interesting....

Happster, welcome aboard! You and Janis have found a new home here (well, except for that hair cut! j/k). You should be very rightfully proud of her, and that big smile says it all!!! Do you have any engine compartment pics to share? We're delighted to have you both here.

i'll take some pictures as soon as i get back to school where she is. i got an aftermarket air cleaner top and had it custom pinstriped by a student friend of mine- i'll stick it on for the photos.

Nice car Happster! The t-shirt with the fav-four on it makes up for the hair cut... You'll like it up here in Washington State it only rains most of the time! LOL

thanks, it's the "let it be" album cover. yeah, i lived up here for ten years before i started moving around, so i'm actually pretty used to it!

Welcome from Arkansas Happster.
Real nice scamp you have there.
Yall will like this site , We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some great folks too.
jump on in and enjoy.

I don't get hair cuts anymore :happy10: yours looks happy!!:cheers:

i still need to fill out all my info, but actually these pictures were taken in kansas! i go to McPherson College of McPherson, Kansas, majoring in Automotive Restoration Technology. However, outside of the school year i'm going to be living in Washington State, moving up from Texas.

Very familiar with McPherson. So ... exactly how many pics of Jay do you think are actually hanging on the walls there?

thanks a lot everybody! i'm here to learn and to make more friends in the mopar world!

Very familiar with McPherson. So ... exactly how many pics of Jay do you think are actually hanging on the walls there?

quite a few! we owe a lot to him. if it wasn't for him our department would have been shut down. i met him once at pebble beach...

i'm gonna be reunited with Janis in about a week. i'll get some more photos then!

-
Back