new to the game

-

squidbob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hi im sure if i look in here ill find the answer but is there any kits available for the 67 barracuda /gen 3 hemi swap thanks .also can i hook up the stock power steering unit or do i need to go manual thanks again

Go to Forums on the header, scroll down and click on New Hemi Engine Swaps. Learn your way around FABO to get most of the answers to your questions. There's also the search button.

hi im sure if i look in here ill find the answer but is there any kits available for the 67 barracuda /gen 3 hemi swap thanks .also can i hook up the stock power steering unit or do i need to go manual thanks again
There are lots of builds in this section of FABO. You should spend some time reading through several of them.

Do you already have an engine? There are differences between the truck and car version. You really need to provide more info. G3 and 67 cuda is pretty broad.

Holley makes mounts and other parts but it moves the engine forward 1-3/4" which leads to other issues.

I'm putting a 5.7 engine out of a wrecked 2014 Challenger using TTI mounts and headers into a 68 Barracuda. It fits nicely but right side frame rail required minor trimming. I'm using a factory 16:1 manual steering box. A factory PS box is too big to clear the exhaust. A Borgeson PS box will fit.

I'm using the stock style Tanksinc fuel tank and Corvette filter/regulator to keep it simple. Easy bolt in.

Then there's the cooling system.

Don't forget a transmission.

You'll have to choose an engine control system. Hotwire, Holley and the Mopar Performance kit are popular.

Whatever your budget is right now......double it.

There are lots of builds in this section of FABO. You should spend some time reading through several of them.

Do you already have an engine? There are differences between the truck and car version. You really need to provide more info. G3 and 67 cuda is pretty broad.

Holley makes mounts and other parts but it moves the engine forward 1-3/4" which leads to other issues.

I'm putting a 5.7 engine out of a wrecked 2014 Challenger using TTI mounts and headers into a 68 Barracuda. It fits nicely but right side frame rail required minor trimming. I'm using a factory 16:1 manual steering box. A factory PS box is too big to clear the exhaust. A Borgeson PS box will fit.

I'm using the stock style Tanksinc fuel tank and Corvette filter/regulator to keep it simple. Easy bolt in.

Then there's the cooling system.

Don't forget a transmission.

You'll have to choose an engine control system. Hotwire, Holley and the Mopar Performance kit are popular.

Whatever your budget is right now......double it.
thanks all valuable info

-
Back