New tool?

-

clhyer

Reaction score
So there I was, trying to use a plain bolt, lock washer & nut in place of a broken "J Nut" (I think it's called). Couldn't get my fingers in the tight space to start the nut, couldn't hold the washer & nut together to get it started, couldn't do anything. Sunday PM, no parts store with the right size part.

What I ended up doing was using my wife's hot melt glue gun to glue the washer to the nut. Slid that assembly up in the space provided and got the bolt threaded in no time!

It worked so slick, there may be other places and uses for it.
C

They do say that "necessity is the mother of invention". Great thinking in a pinch.

Recently was in the same situation myself and used clear silicone to hold the nut & washer together, but I like your idea better. 8)

64 dart with v-8 and shorty headers, hard to get the bolts in the flanges cause you can't seem em from above and from below can't get a finger in there, too tight. so i straighten out one of those big paper clips and use that to lift the bolt up over the flange and drop in down into the hole from underneath. easy enough to get the paper clip off once the nut is started. this is a good technique to use anytime there is no space for your hands to get a bolt into a hole.
-Tim

-
Back