New Toy!!!!!

-

ThogtheCaveman

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Well I figured my fellow Mopar musicians could appreciate this one! Just got it in the mail today....'57 twin ressiue.......totally awesome!!!!! :headbang:

DSCF0658 (Small).JPG

DSCF0659 (Small).JPG

DSCF0660 (Small).JPG

Nice :thumbup: I like that 60's look. Jamb on :rock:

Looks like a 1.400 dollar good toy. :-k

AdamR said:
Nice, Do you have an old Tele or Strat to go with it ?

Well I do have a Strat, but it is not old, I think I bought it in '01 or something. The only other old Fender I have is my '68 Bassman, you can see the (not original)4x12 cab in the background of the first pic.

onehellofadart said:
Very Nice! How heavy is it?

The manual says 53 lbs, but it isn't so bad picking it up and carrying it around, it is just bulky and hard to manuever. I also haven't tried carrying it up stairs yet........

I certainly can appreciate that new toy! Very nice amp, I had one of the last year blackface Twins, I think it was a `67, which I used for about 15 years. I sold it in the late 90`s and have been using an AC30 and Marshall 6100 since. The Twins are great amplifiers (maybe except for that red knobbed late 80`s thing). You can`t go wrong with a Twin and a Strat (or just about any other guitar for that matter). They sound good with humbuckers too! Great tweed score! Rock-n-Roll regards.-John (Longgone)

Longgone said:
I certainly can appreciate that new toy! Very nice amp, I had one of the last year blackface Twins, I think it was a `67, which I used for about 15 years. I sold it in the late 90`s and have been using an AC30 and Marshall 6100 since. The Twins are great amplifiers (maybe except for that red knobbed late 80`s thing). You can`t go wrong with a Twin and a Strat (or just about any other guitar for that matter). They sound good with humbuckers too! Great tweed score! Rock-n-Roll regards.-John (Longgone)

Sweet! How do you like he AC30? I always wanted one of those. I got this amp so that I can crank it for some great breakup, but I think it make be a little loud so I am probably going to get some THD yellow jackets to convert to el84 power tubes and cut the power from 40 to 20 watts, hopefully I can crank it at lower volumes then...

The AC30 is nice, but like you`re saying, to get it to break up well you really have to crank it and I try to be polite to the rest of the guys. The Marshall has stackable pre-amps and is equipped with a switch to run only 2 of the 4 power tubes. Another switch runs just 3 of the 5 tube pins, so you can get it growling good at lower volumes. It`s amazing how loud even 25 watts can be.

-
Back