new trailer arrived today

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I ordered this a couple of weeks ago and it came in today. Picked it up this afternoon.

24 Ft. with brakes on both axles. breakaway. LED lights, ramps. When it warms up a bit I am going to put this 12000 lb. Badlands winch on it and a new aluminum box. This is what I will be hauling the Duster on to Cruising the Coast.

Attachments

• DSC08080.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC08081.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC08082.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 395
  • DSC08083.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC08079.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 402
That's Purdy Bill ..... and long :). I'm sure it'll pull smooth, just keep a eye on the tongue weight?

Yeah man, that'll do the trick. And if you get tired of driving one of the others, you can put it up there with your Duster!!!!

I have the same winch I'm going to put on the 18' steel deck I bought a while back. Seems like a good unit, probably last a lot longer covered up by a removable box.

I plan on putting the winch inside of the utility box along with the battery to keep people as honest as possible. cut a fold down door in the rear so I can pull the cable out when needed. Wont even know there is a winch on there. Yeah Toad, my son just bought a new jeep wrangler a couple of months ago and we were looking last night to see if we had enough room to pull the Duster on and sneak the Jeep on behind it. I don't know, it will very close. He wanted to bring it too. Lance, I was thinking about sticking some plum crazy pin stripes on it somewhere. don't know. It is got to warm up some before I do anything. Too cold for this old man.

I f both vehicles fit, I would load them and run down the road to see how it will track, you can have problem if too much weight is behind the axles. most of weight needs to over and forward of axles.

very nice trailer. mine looked a lot like that 20 years ago! LOL

When you mount your winch in the tool box use a roller fairlead.
Tractor supply has them as you find them on the internet also

Attachments

• fairlead box.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 310
  • roller fairlead.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 292
yeah barbee I know about that weight distribution. I was a truck driver running heavy haul for 30 years. I think if I run the Duster on first, I should be fine. But I am going to find a platform scale around here somewhere and play with it to be sure. As for the weight of the trailer, title says shipping weight is 2500 lbs. which is about right at 100 lbs per foot.

If you wanted to put jeep & Duster in there should have gotten a 32'

24' gets real short quick when loading, box on front will take up 22" at least

Might want to treat the wood deck with a sealer of some sort. Thompsons water seal or similar

Have fun at the coast

Maybe can meet up at a car show sometime.

Nice hauler! If you haven't already, add some long mud flaps on the rear of your truck. That will keep the stones from flying up and hitting the Duster. Did the trick for me when I hauled on open trailers.

no, you live too far away. have to live in a 1 mile radius to borrow it. I guess that means only my son can borrow it. sorry.

I ordered 20 D rings to put on this trailer. also ordered 4 snap straps, 4 axle straps and 50 bungee cords. They arrived yesterday. should be good to go on hauling now. Oh........I also stole a tool box the other day. Lund seal -tite 60" aluminum box. I believe the part # is 640-07500. Jegs has them for $650.00 I believe. somewhere in that range. I picked it up new in the box for $200. Company in Cincinnati had an overstock and this was the last one. found it on Craigslist. I will post some pics of it later when I get to the garage.

Attachments

• DSC08148.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC08147.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC08146.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 186
I ordered 20 D rings to put on this trailer. also ordered 4 snap straps, 4 axle straps and 50 bungee cords. They arrived yesterday. should be good to go on hauling now. Oh........I also stole a tool box the other day. Lund seal -tite 60" aluminum box. I believe the part # is 640-07500. Jegs has them for $650.00 I believe. somewhere in that range. I picked it up new in the box for $200. Company in Cincinnati had an overstock and this was the last one. found it on Craigslist. I will post some pics of it later when I get to the garage.

used to run a battery on the trailer for a winch, died early from non use, and didn`t use the trailer that much at that time. if you will pick up some 6 ga. electrical wire, lite welding cable and run it from the battery on your truck to a fast disconnect (plug in) on your bumper, and use alligator clips on the battery end, w/ appropriate disconnects on your trailer from the winch, all u have to do is let the truck idle and hook up the alligator clips when u use it, then disconnect them when done. has worked like a charm for me for yrs. and yrs., don`t need to keep buying batteries!----bob:coffee2:

already in the works. This winch that is going on here pulls a ton out of the battery. I just ordered 25 Ft. of welding cable just for that purpose. thanks

here is some pics of the box going on the front of the trailer.

Attachments

• DSC08156.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC08157.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC08158.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC08159.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 165
I know you already bought a box, but did you consider a tongue box?

you will have a blast at the coast. I am looking at my cruizin' news and says we had 7,293 vehicles from 39 states, Canada and one overseas military post. There was easily 10,000 cars there as so many didn't pay the registration fee. Hope to meet you there, I will be in one of the cars in my avatar, Joe

-
Back