New TTI headers don't block EGR port!

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
I just had to replace my 10 year old TTI headers on my 5.7 swap. The old ones had a small tube that ran the EGR port on the right side head into the closest header tube. I assumed this would still be there, but the new headers leave the EGR port exposed. Anybody else have to deal with this? I'm thinking put some kind of plug in there, but I don't know what size to get.

What year heads? Pretty sure the later heads might have a hole there but it is blind. I know my Eagle heads do and my brothers 6.4 heads did. So those heads would need the tube.

If you have the ‘08 and down heads, not sure what the solution is.

I used a 1/4 20 tap and shallow tapped the holes. I then installed short 1/4 20 allen head set screws and tightened them into the taper left by the tap.

What year heads? Pretty sure the later heads might have a hole there but it is blind. I know my Eagle heads do and my brothers 6.4 heads did. So those heads would need the tube.

I have eagle heads, don't know what year. I will put my finger over it and turn the motor over to see if it is open, I just assumed it was. Fingers crossed!

I used a 1/4 20 tap and shallow tapped the holes. I then installed short 1/4 20 allen head set screws and tightened them into the taper left by the tap.
Only one hole in the right head by #2 exhaust port about 1/2 or 9/16 in diameter.

It's a blind hole, just confirmed by putting finger by hole and turning engine over. Whew!

-
Back