New Viper

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Just got up close and personal will a new 2014 SRT Viper GTS. Very nice car. Good exhaust tone and the manual shifter just feels sooooo right!
Now I hope none of you have the bright idea of take the wheels off one and using them on your A-B-C-E body. Why you ask, the new Viper is a 6 lug creature instead of 5 lug. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh and the I played with cost $140,000 (that's right 140K) prior to and sales taxes.

Wellp. Now you've driven the meanest, fastest (all around) Mopar of all time (not counting that 2010 ACR model perhaps) and you're going to have to live with the fact that it's all downhill from here.

I'd love one in that new Stryker Green color. :cool:

srt-viper-stryker-green-001.jpg

I think is probably cheaper ...and a 'vert as well..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Yl26Da8Xc"]Fifth Gear Jaguar F Type - YouTube[/ame]

Mind you, that viper looks good..

I've already asked the wife, she won't go for me selling the house to buy a Viper. I said we could live in the car, but she didn't believe me.

What they ought to do...

Yank the V-10, drop in a 5.7, downgrade the suspension, brakes, transmission, etc. Strip it down to be a base model and set a price point competitive with the base model Vette.

I'll bet they'd never be able to keep up with demand...and then, I might-maybe-someday be able to afford a 20-year-old Viper :)

If ma Chrysler could sell a '68 Charger with a /6, a seriously stripped down model for 25K would blow off the shelves...

I remember reading that the cost to build a Lincoln Continental mark 4 and a pinto was only @ $1700..the difference was mark up..

The viper has always been 6 lug, it used the old Dakota pattern. The was reading the latest motor trend article on the new Vette. I was amazed at the price, similar to the Silverado 1500 in the same issue. Viper will be a tough sell at twice almost 3 times the price of the vette.

Wellp. Now you've driven the meanest, fastest (all around) Mopar of all time (not counting that 2010 ACR model perhaps) and you're going to have to live with the fact that it's all downhill from here.

I'd love one in that new Stryker Green color. :cool:

srt-viper-stryker-green-001.jpg

Maybe, but I couldn't push it to its limits or anything. It is a new car(had 6miles on it when I got behind the wheel) if it was at the track I might have died of excitement. That said I have driven a ZR1 at the track to its limits, all have to say is use the restroom before you strap yourself into either car.

They shouldda called it the Corviper.

I do wanna get my hand on one of those f type for awhile, you know just for a "quick" test drive.

I liked the Top Gear (British version) review...it even had Jeremy reved up...i love the sound...

...another car I cannot afford...

-
Back