new vision for the Dealer of the Future

-

grassy

Reaction score
Olivier Francois today announced his new vision for the Dealer of the Future.

“The new dealership will be solid, strong, unique,” he said. “In an era of flash, it will stand out. A cozy, intimate, inviting place which serves as an office and meeting spot for representatives and customers, without the clutter of cars that can’t be driven.”

Signage will be clarified with dealership services being featured alongside the brand names, in new, easily recognized block lettering.

Along with the new Project Deuteronomy dealerships, Chrysler will debut its new “Floating Air Power” styling, to be implemented across all product lines, and its new, simplified lineup. “We have too many brands,” said CEO Sergio Marchionne. “Henceforth, Ram trucks will be moved out to separate dealerships where possible, and the core Dodge brand will be cars-only.”

Cars are to be made in shades of gray and black, with offerings including Brilliant Black, Antique Silver, Dark Titanium, Silver Steel, Dark Charcoal, Graphite Metallic, Mineral Gray, Dark Graystone, and Extremely Dark White.

“One color is good enough for Steve Jobs and Sergio Marchionne,” Ralph Gilles pointed out. “What’s more, Ford became highly successful selling cars largely made by the Dodge Brothers, all painted black.”

Olivier added, “The Chrysler brand has been irrevocably tainted. When customers try to show off their new Chrysler, neighbors invariably whine about bailouts or Fiat parts. We have decided to do the ultimate retro step and bring Chrysler back to its roots. This will also end the confusion about Chrysler-the-company versus Chrysler-the-brand, and allow us to tap many beloved heritage names, such as Barracuda, Valiant, and Volare. We are bringing back Plymouth, and to minimize costs, it will simply replace the Chrysler brand.”

The phase in will take several years, during which cars will be called Chrysler Plymouth, Chrysler, and Plymouth. The VIN code will not change. The Chrysler Town & Country will be renamed Plymouth Voyager, the 300C will become the Fury, and the Sebring will become the Valiant. In its final months, the PT Cruiser will be officially re-acronymed to Plymouth Truck Cruiser.

Odd. I could be wrong.. I got it off the ALLPAR site..which is an excellent site..posted March 1st, 2010

http://www.allpar.com/weblogs/#

Where did you hear that it was a hoax ?

Cars are to be made in shades of gray and black, with offerings including Brilliant Black, Antique Silver, Dark Titanium, Silver Steel, Dark Charcoal, Graphite Metallic, Mineral Gray, Dark Graystone, and Extremely Dark White.

“One color is good enough for Steve Jobs and Sergio Marchionne,” Ralph Gilles pointed out. “What’s more, Ford became highly successful selling cars largely made by the Dodge Brothers, all painted black.”

I don't see Ralph ever saying that, ever. Plus they just dropped Furious Fuscia on the Challenger, I don't see them moving to grayscale 8)

Gotcha..I personally think that they are in flux and what the end result will be, I don't know.

I am not sure if Fiat's involvement will be good or bad for Chrysler..only time will tell . I am not sure if I read it on this or another board that the retention of a Chrysler dealership (when head office was cutting them) was done on an up an up basis.

Regardless, I think discussion is good and that we, as customers, will have some say in the end. I know I am very pleased with my Rams and hope to buy another when it is needed.

Thanks you for your input.

Ian.

-
Back