New wheels for the Jalopy!

-
I did an airbag setup on a 32 chev rat rod and really struggled with Ackermans and bump steer, do you find yourself pushing the front end at all or do those Speedway packages address those issues. I think mine was extra sensitive in that the raising and lowering would cause the angle of the front axle (target was 7* laid back?) to change. That car looks like a lot of fun to work on and drive.

I did an airbag setup on a 32 chev rat rod and really struggled with Ackermans and bump steer, do you find yourself pushing the front end at all or do those Speedway packages address those issues. I think mine was extra sensitive in that the raising and lowering would cause the angle of the front axle (target was 7* laid back?) to change. That car looks like a lot of fun to work on and drive.
It has a smidge of bump steer but it really isn’t that noticeable. I was able to retain the stock steering box in the stock location. I’ve got 10* of caster which keeps her going straight. I’m not going to pretend I know anything about the Ackerman angles. But I can tell you 100% that it has been an awesome and enjoyable experience going through the process and is an absolute hoot to drive! Next step is some slicks or drag radials and get her on the track, just to find out what that’s like. I built it to cruise but I do like putting it to the wood on occasion.

When I see your car i think those 'pie cutter' cheater slicks would fit the bill.
I’ve got a friend with a brand new pair of Towel City Slicks 15x8 for sale. Going to have to at least pay him a visit.

55DFCDB9-D5DD-468A-A42F-3B16A19D2A53.jpeg

-
Back