New Wiring Harness

-

Altamont

mopar freshman
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company (like Painless) that makes stock replacement wiring harnesses? The wiring in my new 65 cuda has so many problems I think it would be easier to start over.

Thanks,
Zak

the paddock makes / has many kinds of wiring harnesses i would imagine year one does as well. but I found painless to be the cheaper way to go.

paddock:

65 cuda : dash harness %529.95
rear light $189.95

painless all the car $429

I just got mine ( from Evans ) today. I'm sure Bill could fabricate a complete harness if you wanted him too. I just sent him my old hacked, deteriorated harness, and he made me a new one that included engine and forward lighting. I'll post some pictures in a few minutes for you guys...

I sent him this mess about 2 weeks ago:
wiringharness001.jpg

And he sent me back a new harness with all factory connections:

wiringharness002.jpg

wiringharness003.jpg

wiringharness004.jpg

nice looking from the pic,,even looks like factory plugs, so many after market wiring people claim they cant get the mopar plugs,,thats good to know,,,
most of the after market are universal,,and all GM color coded,painless adverstises a mopar wire package,,it is just a pile of wire,,no plugs,,not set up for dual feild altenator,,the ron francis package is about the best after market for mopar,,he also has dual field charging circuit,,,can adapt to new or use your factory dash switches,,and its a great kit for a custom look if you are going to hide all the wiring,,that is what i am going to do,rewire the entire car and hide it all,,,let us know how that wire kit works,,

I just bought the rear section for my Valiant from Year One. I'm hoping the the dash harness will and far as the engine a front light harnesses are concerned I've changed all that anyways.

Lee

I paid him $300 including shipping. He custom copied my piece with a provision for one-wire ( internally regulated ) alternator and an electronic ignition/MSD box. The colors he used were matched to my original harness. Not concourse, but much better looking than a Painless or Ron Francis generic kit.

Evans did the underhood harness for my 65 GT convert (w/ provision for elect ignition) and a 66 underhood harness (also w/provision for elect ignition) for the 65 wagon since the wagon is getting a 66 Formula S dash with 66 underdash harness. Both harnesses looked great and were reasonably priced. I'd expect he has the patterns for both so it would be easy to duplicate.

-
Back