Newark, Delaware Chrysler Assembly Plant

-

Clroads

Reaction score
Attended a "dedication" of the 'new' Chrysler Assembly Plant. The administrative building was saved and is now part of the University of Delaware campus. Former workers and some of the local community attended the 'open house'. Several local Mopars showed up for the display.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 281
The robots tried to jump into the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 262
The plant began as a Korean War Tank Assembly Plant. The former roof structure was incorporated into the new interior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 254
Sun setting over the former plant area

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 249
Nice! I grew up just a few miles from the plant. My Dad retired from assembly plant, when it closed down. Newark is not the same since it closed, and really looks strange to me, when I drive past it, every year or so.

The water tank was near the center of the property.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 224
I had a tour of the old plant many years ago when the Plymouth Owners Club had a meet there. The plant wasn't in operation that day but it was interesting to see the different stages of the production line progress

The orange Cuda is mine and the rest were friends of mine we always represent the mopars at the cruise nights. They had had some neat stuff in the building and I hope they keep the memorabilia. 2 of the cars were actually built at that plant (The Monoco and the Fury 3)

The robots kept jumping in all my shots but ..nice 'cuda.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 149
Thanks, we kept telling the mopar guy's about the show as we were hoping to get a big turnout but only the faithful showed up!

I was at the Delaware Park show (~700 cars) and was going to attend Friday, but with the insane traffic around Newark on Thursday night, I did not drive the Dart. The traffic was much better Friday though it seemed.
My Dad was in security there, so I got a lot of tours growing up. Never was able to get an official tour.

-
Back