Newb from Okieland

-

Broo42

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Dustin and I hail from Mustang, OK. I recently acquired a 66 Valiant that belonged to my dad back in 04/05. Built 225 and converted from a 3 on the tree to a 904. It appears as though it’s been sitting since 2008. I was able to get it running but still needs a lot of TLC. I have a handful of other Mopars but this is my only A body.

IMG_7668.jpeg

IMG_7667.jpeg

IMG_7666.jpeg

Welcome to FABO, there is a whole forum dedicated to the early A cars on here. Post away!

Looks like you have a great looking project!

I also live in Mustang! What other mopars do you own?

I've got a '70 Dart, a '69 D100, and a '98 Viper.

1982 D150
1988 CSXT
1999 Dakota R/T
2002 Dakota R/T
2003 SRT4
2004 SRT4

Do you live over behind Big Boys?

Welcome from Texas, post pictures of your other Mopars.

I need to find some taillight lenses and some interior pieces. I'm looking to do a front disc conversion some time this year.

More backstory to the car:
My dad bought it in Yukon back in 2005ish. It was allegedly a 1 owner car from Pennsylvania. It had been repainted at some point but was probably a 7/10 inside and out. He pulled the 3 speed and replaced it with a 904. The motor is .060 over, new rods and crank, cam, head work, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4bbl, headers, etc. He rigged the manual shift linkage to work with the automatic, so it works like a reverse valve body. He sold it in 2005 or 2006. Fast forward to late 2023 and I find it on FB Marketplace. It had been sitting for several years and the interior is all but destroyed. But I had to have it back. So we made a deal for it and brought it home a few days later. Most of the weird touches my dad added to the car were still there. If all goes well, I'll have it road worthy by summer time.

@Broo42 Im envious of your SRT 4 and Dakota R/T collection!

@1994redram

Are you guys going to the Southern Plains Mopar Fest.

I've been for the last couple of years. I've always been there in my Viper. My Dart has been in the body shop for over two years.
I got you beat. I’ve got a 69 Valiant doing 5 years in bodyshop jail.

You guys know Steve Bishop from Tuttle? He’s turned out some really nice Mopars

-
Back