Newb from Washignton state

-

Irish_Fly

Reaction score
Well my name is James I'm 26 and I am acquiring my dream car a 74' 2 door Dart Swinger. I honestly don't know much about these cars btu this body style has always caught my attention. I'm trading my little pick up for it when my title comes in the current owner is cool enough to hold the car for me with a small down payment until my title arrives. From what I'm told it has every option except A/c it's got a really decent running 318, I don't know what trans is in it but it's a Auto on the column. The steerign is a little sloppy which is my only worry but I'm tryign to source a rebuilt power steerign box for it. I'm also told it's still got the original paint and if it does WOW it definitely is clean looking. My Father in law got a Dart that we have been re doing and I tried convincing him to leave it all stock btu I lost ok ok enough chit chat here's my future ride
DartPassII.jpg

DartDriverside.jpg

DartPassrear.jpg

DartPass.jpg

3k83m73le1f31261g491fac100bce163d17.jpg

Greetings to a fellow Washingtonian and welcome to FABO. You've found a great board and are off to a great start with that Dart!

Before you spring for a new steering box there are a number of other steering components that are likely worn and easier to replace. You can also adjust the old box to remove some of the slop.

welcome ! cool ride what part of washington are you at? good to see more locals around.

Welcome, what part of WA are you in? I would adjust the stock box before you throw any money at it. I'm ganna say it has a 904 tranny in it.

Thanks for the welcome guys I live in Vancouver, Wa
as for my old wheeling rig it was a 84' Single Cab Ranger with Yota axels front and rear locked up it was fun but to much to keep up it seemed every time I went out something broke which meant bigger and better got put in it's place and we all know bigger and better= Alot of $$$$

EDIT: I tried a search but don't think I did it right, How do I adjust the slop out of the steering box?

Good to see another Vancouver guy,that car seems very familiar,I think Ive seen it before,congrats!.

Welcome to the site! I'm looking for my brother's old 74 Swinger myself. Your's looks really clean!

Welcome and it looks like a great score on the car. Like stated in earlier post, before you throw money at the dart get on this site and ask any and all questions and believe me , there are guys on here that can save you a ton of money and are ready and willing to help. On your question regarding the steering box. On top looking down on it there is a nut with a screw in the middle of it. That will do the adjusting on the box BUT put it on a rack first and nose around under it and look for not so good tie rod ends, worn bushings and the likes. You ask questions and we'll help.

Welcome aboard! I'm a new guy too, and have been blown away with the responsiveness and knowledge of the members of this site. I like your approach to keeping the car all stock, especially when you have such a nice car to start out with. Hope to see you at one of the Pacific NW shows this summer. -Dan

Thanks for the welcome guys I live in Vancouver, Wa
as for my old wheeling rig it was a 84' Single Cab Ranger with Yota axels front and rear locked up it was fun but to much to keep up it seemed every time I went out something broke which meant bigger and better got put in it's place and we all know bigger and better= Alot of $$$$

Ah, I hear ya. My cousin runs a 79 Bronco, fresh rebuilt 460, about 450 horse but about 600 ft lb of torque or more. A lot of money goes into that thing though.

-
Back