Newbie 440 question

-

jimmyjeep

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this yet, so pardon me if I'm in the wrong place. Can some one direct me to a good thread on installing a 440 into a 66 cuda? Thanks.

jimmyjeep said:
I'm not sure where to post this yet, so pardon me if I'm in the wrong place. Can some one direct me to a good thread on installing a 440 into a 66 cuda? Thanks.

as often as that is done.. im not sure how many thread there are going to be.. my suggestion would be to just look around and see what you find and then to just ask what you need help with.. Welcome to the board.. my bad.. the family!

Cerwin :thumbup:

Jimmyjeep, the narrow A bodies defiantly make putting in a big block tight but it can be done. A body Joe has done it with fender well headers. There is also some pictures on BBD www.bigblockdart.com with a 440 in a 65 Cuda using max wedge manifolds. Schmucker does make engine mounts for the swap http://www.engine-swaps.com.
Good luck and if you go ahead take lots of pics!

yep, you need to get in touch with "abodyjoe" hes installed a 440 in an early a-body, which is not an ez task.

yea, but when you do.. MY GOD.. and yes pictures are a must.. helps the appreciation level and lets us watch.. hehe.. :)

-
Back