Newbie AGAIN!!

-

racerbob

Reaction score
After several failed attempts at resetting my password, I finally gave up and re-registered with a new user name. I was Summitar (which is name that has nothing to do with MOPARS, but something to do with vintage Leica cameras) but am now "racerbob" . The new name best describes what I do with my mopar most friday nights from April through October down at MIR in Budds Creek, MD (139 passes this season).

Any way I have a 1967 Barracuda Convertible that I bought in Feb 1984. I restified it while going through college which I completed in 1989. Drove it for 5 years and then had to stash it away in a garage since then (getting married and having three kids changes things). Currently I am repowering this with a stock 318 , had a J head 340 engine in it did the first time.

The car in avatar is my 1973 Dart Sport 340 that I race weekly at MIR. I bought it in 1996 to make a daily driver. After having my second kid that sort of came to a halt and the car sat for 8 years. I decided to finish it into a race car (sort if like a bracket car built like a Stock Eliminator) with the stuff I had laying around. Car went 14's with the 340 that came with it, low 13's and high 12's with the freshened up 340 from the barracuda, and goes low 12's with a High Compression 340 I picked up locally for $1000 last year.

If you are So MD on friday night, just drop by the track say hi!

Bob

Welcome back....lol :cheers:

I'm sure if you ask Adam, he can combine your previous posts from your old name.

Howdy racerbob, The 70'es was good to me so my memory is not what
it use to be, Glad you are back with us.
Wow 139 passes at 12 seconds hmmm = 1,568 seconds of the petal
mated to the floor. I bet you have some good stories to keep us busy this winter to enjoy reading.

Welcome back Summitar.OOPS I meant to say racerbob

........ and you gotta start all over as a junior member???????? Did you make it to the Mopar Nats at Budds Creek? Had mine on display.... 'course I didn't win anything. I was WAY outclassed.

likely story,that summitar guy must have been cool if youre wanting to impersonate him. j/k welcome back

-
Back