Newbie From Minnesota

-

cartmanchevy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been doing a lot of reading on this site, and I have learned a lot so far, but it is time I finally introduced myself. I just picked up a completely rust free 1974 Dart that was originally an AZ car. Here in the last of 10000 icebergs (lakes), that is a rare gem. Most people here are convinced that old cars came from the factory with rust already on them. Anyways, my goals for my Dart is to install a larger engine and do some upgrades along the way to getting it back on the road. I have a great deal lined up for a 440 engine and drivetrain at the moment, so that may be the route I go. I have a complete 1970 front end that I am going to put on the car. I'm going to convert the rear as well. I may go to a 4 link rear suspension. The Dart is definitely is going to be green! I just picked up an 8 3/4 rear end that has been narrowed for a mini tub kit. I was originally a Chevy guy, but Mopars grew on me due to marrying into a Mopar family and getting a few good deals along the way didn't burt either. Plus, GM is just getting worse as time goes on...:) I am also restoring and modernizing a 1946 Dodge pickup at the moment as well. Before I dive too deep into my Dart project, I plan to do as much reading and learning as I can from everyone here. This is an awesome place for good knowledge and resources.

Hello from southern MN! Nice score on a rust free car in these parts. What are you going to do with the Dart? Going to drive or race it? I'm sure you'll find answers to whatever questions you have. Look forwa and to seeing some pics of your car.

Scott

Hello from southern MN! Nice score on a rust free car in these parts. What are you going to do with the Dart? Going to drive or race it? I'm sure you'll find answers to whatever questions you have. Look forwa and to seeing some pics of your car.

Scott

Thanks! I plan on mostly driving it around the street terrorizing Corvettes and Mustangs. :) Maybe an occasional track day here and there. I will most likely get it running at first and then slowly add the upgrades in as I get to enjoy driving it. I do plan on doing the frame connectors and mini tub right away though.I will post pics as soon as I can. My computer for some reason will not let me attach any pics, but I will use my home computer to post when I get a chance.

Welcome to FABO! Congrats on getting a rust free A body.....you're a lucky man :thumleft:. Having some experience with Chebbies certainly doesn't discount you from being a great member here. If that was the case, 90% of us older members would have been "drawn & quartered" by now...lol.

We just had another newbie from MN recently.

Welcome to FABO.

Okay everyone. I FINALLY figured out the uploading feature. I was having trouble with my work computer, my home computer needs to be overhauled, and my iPad is, well, an Apple product. 'Nuff said there, lol. Sorry for the delay on the pics. :) Here is my 1946 Dodge Pickup.

Attachments

• 1946 COE.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 98
  • 1946 COE1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 83
  • 1946 COE2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1946 COE3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 106
  • 1946 COE4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 92
-