Newbie from Ohio

-

6pack

Reaction score
Looking for an A-body, and what better place than a forum for A-bodies. Just saying hi. I currently own a project 53 New Yorker with a 331 Hemi .
Darrel

Welcome fellow Ohio member, you have come to the right place.

Welcome 6pack, you are now at the best Mopar site on the net!
Post any pics of that New Yorker that you have.

Welcome 6pack, great to have ya!

2052882_1.jpg

2052882_7.jpg

2052882_37.jpg

6 pak welcome ,,A body here and a 1940 dodge wit h an early HEMI also post soem pics,,,

kool ive seen a few of those recently,,,i like the grille,, would be a nice cruiser,,,im guessing thats a 331 hemi you said 3 on the tree or torque glide ???? i think that car is pre-push button tranny ?? here is a pic of my 40 dodge 241 hemi

1940 dodge super bee  hemi 005.jpg

im guessing thats a 331 hemi you said 3 on the tree or torque glide ???? i think that car is pre-push button tranny ??

331 Hemi, weird tranny, it's a fluid-drive. Really pre-push button. Kind of an auto manual. It's an auto with a clutch.

6 pack,, you sure it has a clutch ?? that would be a clutch flight,,, the old time drag racers loved them, and are still looking for them,,,dont junk it,,

Yep, positive it has a clutch. It also has the Fluid-Drive. It was one of the first "automatic" trans that Chrysler made. You had to engage the clutch, put it in high gear then after that the trans did the rest. I can't imagine anyone wanting one, takes about 2 blocks to get up to 30mph !! Do a google search for Presto-Matic or Fluid-drive, you see what I mean.

ive never sen one up close or drove one but it sounds like the monster the vintage racers are loking for ,,,unles the next modle is the clutch flight,,,either way its a kool old technology piece of mopar history,,,,if you part it out,, some one will buy it,, there is a web site,,its the biggest auto web site on the net,, all old school hot rodders,, some one there will know what that tranny is ,, the site is the H.A.M.B. also called the jalopy jurnal

I too am from Ohio..Massillon to be exact. I've got a buddy who may be willing to part with his 71 Duster, PM me and I'll see what I can do. Cool New Yorker, I've got a 55 Coronet. Fluid-drive..my Dad used to call those Slip-o-matics...he couldn't stand the way the drove. That's not my Coronet in the avatar, mine is a work in progress.

Welcome 6pack,
Just down the road from ya near Springfield Oh.
Nice car.

-
Back