Newbie from Perth Australia

-

lilredrooster

Reaction score
G`day All from Perth, Western Australia,

Proud owner of a 1971 Valiant with 318 V8, all time favourite car is 1968 340 GTS have to make do with my Val for the time being, very happy with it so far........

Have lots to learn and looks like I arrived at a good place.....

Greetings from Australia :cheers:

Welcome to FABO. Sounds like you have a good start on your Mopar collection.
toolmanmike

Hello mate! Welcome and I agree, I would love to see pictures of your Valiant. Is it a 4 door or 2? I will bet there are not many MOPAR cars running around over there. How on earth do you ever find parts? I will never complain again! I just ordered a new radiator for my car and i paid 385.00 plus free shipping. Thanks for joining and welcome!

Hey Lilredrooster. I'm in Perth as well. I've been lurking on here for a few years now and it's a great site. You will learn a lot about Mopars on this site. A lot of what ya learn can even be transferred to the later model Aussie Chrysler stuff i.e. VH-CM. Welcome aboard.

Attachments

• 69Cuda.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 105
Many Thanks for the warm welcome and the replies, very, very much appreciated......

A couple of you have expressed an interest in the Aussie Chryslers/Valiants/Darts so please have a look at this link and enjoy, gives you a little history.....

http://www.foundationpc.com/aussie.html

If you also Google images of: Chrysler Valiant VG 2 Door Hardtop Coupe you will find plenty of images well worth drooling over...... This model which is very similar to the 1968/1969 Dodge Dart was made in Australia around 1968 to 1971 there are two models the VF Round headlights and the VG Rectangular headlights.......

Hope the link works ok..... I have also attached a photo of my own car as requested for those that maybe interested........ like most folks I have a budget and am very happy with the car I have so far....... Plenty of scope for improvement and looking forward to enjoying driving it, working on it and improving it as I go.......

All the Best from Australia :glasses7:

Attachments

• CBrook LHS.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 99
Hey Lilredrooster. I'm in Perth as well. I've been lurking on here for a few years now and it's a great site. You will learn a lot about Mopars on this site. A lot of what ya learn can even be transferred to the later model Aussie Chrysler stuff i.e. VH-CM. Welcome aboard.

G`day AM,

Wow Grrrreat Car....... Very rare vehicle..... :) :)

Many Thanks for the welcome mate...... Its a very small world...... :) Have never seen your car around the place...... yet.... Lol.... Will look out for it around the place now.......

All the Best..... :cheers:

-
Back