Newbie from Pittsburgh...

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Harry, hence roadrunner"h".....
I thought I would introduce myself along with my recent purchase - 1975 Plymouth Scamp in Frost Green. I've been a B-Body guy since 1993 when I purchased my 1968 Road Runner. Over the years, I have owned a '72 Swinger, among other Mopars. The Scamp currently is a 225/904/7.25 car, which I plan on changing to 383/727/8.75. I've enjoyed reading so many of the posts here. You guys know your stuff!!!

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 213
  • front left.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 203
  • interior.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 207
  • right side.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 212
Welcome come on in and have a seat.

that's pretty cool, i'm tempted to buy one for a tad under a grand...duster sport, but rust free cars like youres are sometimes worth the extra $$$/wait
are you going with a moser/stange rearend

also theres a 8.3/4 rear on craigslist for about 450

Nice ride bud....going nice little sleeper with 383 can't wait to see that...

Welcome from Franklin, Pa.

Thank you for the compliments guys!

There are soooo many really nice rides on this site, and people who are both talented and very knowledgable. :thumrigh:

Welcome and great to have another local on board. I have been doing B-Bodies for years now and was surprised at the number of great A Bodies and members in the area when I joined FABO.

nice scamp, how'd you find that in pa, land of rust?

Here is the Scamp My son found in Pittsburgh. 42000 miles on it. So they are still around in great shape.

Attachments

• s4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 125
  • s7.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 137
  • s8.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 140
Welcome, that scamp looks like it just came off the assembly line.

Ah, the Scamp; the lesser known, younger, less debonair, can't make it quite as well with the ladies, went to an online college and has yet to get his Associate Degree, brother to the Swinger.
Many is the time the Scamp wanted to follow his older, testosterone-filled brother to parties and stand in his shadow, hoping to attract one of the Swinger's castoff females who couldn't quite make the grade. Living with frustration, wishing his nameplate read ""Swinger", but it was not to be. No, his was the life of a Grocery Getter, an Errand Runner, a "I need a gentle car for my sixteen year old Son or Daughter to drive, and that's why we're buying a Scamp" Easy car to Drive. What the Scamp wouldn't have given to be born with a fire breathing 340, punched out functional hood scoops, bumblebee tail stripe and positraction/suregrip rear end. Why was it his lot in life to be the forgettable little brother to the Studly Swinger?

-
Back