Newbie from Rhode Island

-

ndeconte

Reaction score
Hi all!

Well, I've just purchased my newest A body after some 25+ years not having one and thought I'd join the forum to get the latest details on aftermarket part suppliers and such.

Purchased a 66 Plymouth Valiant wagon, picking it up Monday at some point.Looks pretty solid, original interior is in beautiful shape. 225 slant six, auto, dual mirrors, roof rack.and overall pretty straight.

Looking forward to tinkering on it and hitting the road with the misses!

Neal
Rhode Island

Welcome Neal, but I might as well break you in right.

Pictures, or it didn't happen. :-D

LOL!

All I got right now, as soon as she's home I'll get more!

Attachments

• Valiant13.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Valiant14.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Valiant no plate.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 321
  • Valiant26.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 313
a few more........

Attachments

• Valiant57.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 338
  • Valiant56.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Valiant55.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 319
  • Valiant54.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Valiant24.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 329
  • Valiant23.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Valiant25.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 328
Pretty clean for it's age.
What's that white stuff all over it?

Trailbeast: Yea, I was pretty impressed with the appearance of the car for being a 66. I have a sneaking suspicion you don't see that "white stuff" in your neck of the woods! ;)

Oklacarcollecto: Thanks!

Welcome Neal, nice to see another New Englander joining the group! That wagon looks like its in pretty good condition!

Thanks guys!

Steve, yea, shes pretty sweet and pretty much all original from what I see. Rear quarters and front fenders behind the wheels have some putty on them, but most of the body is original paint I believe.

You'll have to point me in the right direction for cruises, car shows and such in the area. ;) I'm sure we'll meet up soon.

Welcome to FABO. Looks like you have a nice project there. Always liked the Valiant Wagons.

Hi Neal, welcome to FABO from your neighbor in MA. That is a very nice looking car you have. I have a 66 Dart 270 4dr that is in pretty nice shape for the year. Someday I hope to have a wagon. There is a nice car show at the Star Drive In restaurant in Lakeville, MA on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month I believe it's May through September. The place reminds me of Arnold's on Happy Days. I plan on going to it this year seeing as how I haven't had the chance to go since I bought the car 2 years ago. Maybe I'll see you there with your Valiant.

Paul

Welcome to fabo:) it's great to see a fellow member in the northeast! Great looking project;) we love pics as you can guess, so keep them coming!:) good luck

You can tell it's been loved...dual master cyl., shoulder belts, newer steering wheel. Gotta love the ostrich grain inserts on the door panels in nice condition!

Welcome to the site!

Nice wagon Neal ! Welcome to the site . I'm just North of you on the south shore of Mass .

Great to see so many new englanders here! One thing for sure, New England has it share of cruise nights. Another good one I've heard about is the Bass Pro shop at Patriot Place.

Here's a photo of her on the maiden voyage home, drove the hour and a half drive home flawlessly!

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 248
Another Welcome from Ma. Definitely plan on going to Bass Pro, usually around 1500 cars. Star is also a lot of fun, good food, good crowd. Hope to see you there.

Another good cruise to go to is at the Raynham dog track on the odd Thursday's of Bass Pro . There's normally a real good turn out of Mopars there . There's one on Saturday's at the Pep Boy's on rt.44 in Raynham as well that just started last summer but it's growing quick .

-
Back