Newbie from Southeastern Massachusettes `71 Duster Project

-

bakertodd

Reaction score
Hello to All, I`m a new member from Boston Metro South area; great to see so many members from my area. I`m a new owner of a 1971 Duster with a 440 Wedge from a truck (externally ballanced :cry:) 1969 vintage, stock except for a Holley 750 Dominator. Mini-tubed w/ a 3:55 posi rear 8 3/4" gear, Torqueflite trans (not sure which one but can find out), stock balanced converter but have an unbalanced 2500 stall unit - getting the B&M flexplate to hopefully take care of the balancing issue, already have the stupid weld-on balancing weights. 6 point cage, MT street slicks. Didn`t pay alot for this car, definately a project - obviously a mild street setup now but eventually want to hit Street Night in Epping. Def want to keep it on the street/strip route. Been a full time Jazz musician my entire life (Artie Shaw, Woody Herman, Rosemary Clooney, 4 Freshmen, etc.) but now with both kids flown the coop it`s time to play. Loved rods (Mopar my fav) street & strip since a kid but def not a gearhead. Any help greatly appreciated. First question: any recomendations for Mopar engine work in my area (SE Mass & RI)? Want to try to get more from this block, any ideas as far as my options :?? Need guage setup immeddiately...Much thanks in advance. Help!

Welcome to FABO. What about some photos of your project?

Hello to All, I`m a new member from Boston Metro South area; great to see so many members from my area. I`m a new owner of a 1971 Duster with a 440 Wedge from a truck (externally ballanced :cry:) 1969 vintage, stock except for a Holley 750 Dominator. Mini-tubed w/ a 3:55 posi rear 8 3/4" gear, Torqueflite trans (not sure which one but can find out), stock balanced converter but have an unbalanced 2500 stall unit - getting the B&M flexplate to hopefully take care of the balancing issue, already have the stupid weld-on balancing weights. 6 point cage, MT street slicks. Didn`t pay alot for this car, definately a project - obviously a mild street setup now but eventually want to hit Street Night in Epping. Def want to keep it on the street/strip route. Been a full time Jazz musician my entire life (Artie Shaw, Woody Herman, Rosemary Clooney, 4 Freshmen, etc.) but now with both kids flown the coop it`s time to play. Loved rods (Mopar my fav) street & strip since a kid but def not a gearhead. Any help greatly appreciated. First question: any recomendations for Mopar engine work in my area (SE Mass & RI)? Want to try to get more from this block, any ideas as far as my options :?? Need guage setup immeddiately...Much thanks in advance. Help!
Well welcome to the group, I also am from Southern MA. post some pics when you get a chance & I'll probably see you at BassPro cruise, I'm always there pole @ 1606 rt 1 side on the endcap!!!!!

BTW I've got just the place for your motor work, look me up........

Welcome to the club. Definitely check out Bass Pro cruise next Thurs (9-20) if you can, I'll be there along with 73 Pro Street.

Welcome,big fan of Miles Davis,and Coltraine.

Wish I`d seen them live; Miles` mid-late 1950`s band w/ Trane and Cannonball probably my favorite. Miles` bassist in that band Paul Chambers a big influence on me; transcribed a bunch of his solos....

Welcome to the club. Definitely check out Bass Pro cruise next Thurs (9-20) if you can, I'll be there along with 73 Pro Street.

Usually work Thursday nights, will try to make it next year. BTW if you have any recomendations for good Mopar engine work in Boston Metro South/SE Mass/RI let me know. Also need to get some work done on my guages ASAP.....Thanks

Heyyoo! Good to see another northeasterner in the community! You may not be a gear head yet but give your mopar time and it'll rub off on you. :cheers: 79swingerbuild and myself are both up in northern RI, my sister actually lives in Boston so I'm up that way sometimes. Feel free to ask any questions you have there's lots of great information to be had on the forums here.

To answer your question about shops, I go to a place by the name of Mikes Motor Service in Mendon, MA. He did my 360 and the heads and crank for my 383, I'm very happy with them. He and his son run the shop and he really knows his chit. He does fantastic work and for a good price, real nice guy to deal with too. Though sometimes he gets a little backed up with work since he gets a lot coming in to get done, but it's well worth it.

Welcome! FABO is a great place for information and conversation among like minded friends. hope you enjoy it here.

Heyyoo! Good to see another northeasterner in the community! You may not be a gear head yet but give your mopar time and it'll rub off on you. :cheers: 79swingerbuild and myself are both up in northern RI, my sister actually lives in Boston so I'm up that way sometimes. Feel free to ask any questions you have there's lots of great information to be had on the forums here.

To answer your question about shops, I go to a place by the name of Mikes Motor Service in Mendon, MA. He did my 360 and the heads and crank for my 383, I'm very happy with them. He and his son run the shop and he really knows his chit. He does fantastic work and for a good price, real nice guy to deal with too. Though sometimes he gets a little backed up with work since he gets a lot coming in to get done, but it's well worth it.

Thanks for the help. BTW I`m originlly from East Providence.

-
Back