Newbie here but have had the car forever

-

itsfishy

Reaction score
Hello! Long time listener, first time caller; I've been perusing the forums for quite some time to glean some knowledge. I've got a 1967 Barracuda with a 360/408 running through a 904 tranny making around 420hp, and not a whole lot on it is stock. I've had the car since 1995; bought it when I got out of active duty and have basically been throwing money at it ever since. Unfortunately I didn't do the work, and even more unfortunately I don't know a whole lot about engines (enough to get me in trouble, and that's about it) but I'm semi-retired and finally moving to a house with a shop big enough that I can do some work myself. It's a 408 and the damn thing likes to get hot, and recently it stalled on me and wouldn't start until it cooled down so I'll be doing a post about that soon.

1712181264507.jpeg

Hello and welcome to FABO, pictures are highly appreciated. As far as overheating, there are pages of issues such that you are having. Use the search feature to give you some insight.

Hello and welcome to FABO, pictures are highly appreciated. As far as overheating, there are pages of issues such that you are having. Use the search feature to give you some insight.
Pics of the money pit? Of course!

65662677644__C047DD61-41D6-4165-A61B-81CA8B7A1B4D.jpeg

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2448.jpeg

Looks great, I haven’t owned my 66 forever but bought it in 1975

Hey there and welcome. Include a pic of your fan setup.

Ya the quick n dirty on the cooling issue will be stock is a good setup. I run electrics but do not live in the Texas sun.

do a search, or just post one up in the heating/cooling.

Congrats on semi retirement!!

Hey there and welcome. Include a pic of your fan setup.

Ya the quick n dirty on the cooling issue will be stock is a good setup. I run electrics but do not live in the Texas sun.

do a search, or just post one up in the heating/cooling.

Congrats on semi retirement!!
Thanks! Yes, I’ve got the discussion up and going on the Fuel forum space. Looks like I’ve got all kinds of stuff to check to try and get this figured out. Gonna be one heck of a learning curve!

Thank you! Yes, that was exactly the goal, to try and get the black/yellow/chrome theme from bumper to bumper.

Welcome from West Virginia.......................great looking car! :thumbsup:

I lived in Big Spring in 2016.

-
Back