Newbie here

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I purchased a '72 Dodge dart.Had it shipped back to Alaska from Washington.Its been a while since Ive been in the mopar scene.It needs some body work,and im changing the interior,also going from a 318 to a 360.It was originally a 6 banger car.Ill be asking lots of questions ,,hope no one minds....My first question is : How do you remove the dash pad? :scratch: Never done that before.Ive pulled all the seats ,carpet,engine,tranny,rear end,leafs,gas tank.I plan on changing the seats and door panels to white ,,black carpet and dash,,and SOMEDAY,,,have it painted Plum crazy purple.Anyways,,hope someone can help me with the dash question.Thanks..

remove the instrument cluster and the glovebox. there should be mounting screws back there.

There are five 3/8 nuts along the inside face of the dash, (these are along the highest and outer most curve you feel) and two 5/16 bolts/screws at the ends, (one each end). Unless you have arms like a slinky you have to take the inst. cluster and glove box out first. (highly recommended)

Jack

Thanks for the info,,Looking at my arms im thinkin they dont look like slinky's ,,,so,,,,guess ive got some work to do...Thanks again..

if you're going to repaint the dash frame....take out the windshield, and4 or 5 7/16 bolt in the top, the a bolt on each side of the kick panel area, unhook heater controls, bulkhead wires steering column...oh jeez, find some skinny kid with a long neck to go behind your dash and undo the pad. LOL

Welcome to the site. As others have said you wil need ot take out the instrument panel and glove box. I wouls also recommend using a 1/4 drive ratchet and socket as it is kind of tight back there.

-
Back