Newbie Mopar Owner

-

bigboijc13

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself on the forum here, and see if anyone has advice for me with my vehicle.

I purchased a 1973 Plymouth Valiant, slant 6 3.7 liter a few months back. I planned on making this vehicle my daily driver to and from work for myself, leaving our Dodge Journey for the wife and kids. Anyways, I have had quite the time getting and keeping the vehicle running.

Purchased it off Craigslist, ya I know, for $800. Was told it was sitting for a few years, started up here and there. The gentleman told me all it needs is a new battery, and the brakes fixed and it will run great....

Needless to say, $2,800 dollars later, and a new carb, distributor, coil, ignition module, spark plugs, fuel pump, radiator, many engine flushes and de-carbs and alternator later she is running. Runs great on the freeway, but in drive, sitting idle, it seems to rough. Real rough. Not sure why. Other than, I believe a motor mount might be bad....but not sure why she doesn't really have much pick up?

Also, after i drive the car, once it is warmed up, and I turn it off. it has a hard time starting again. Like if i drive my daughter to school, 10 minute drive. Turn the car off, and try to start again in about 10 minutes, starts, but then drive to the gas station 5 minutes away, turn it off. Go get gas, and when I try to restart it, the temp gauge is spiked, and it is difficult to start. But when it does, it cools off right away???

Any help from you knowledgeable gurus would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JC

-
Back